Was wondering your favourite drying aid

Thanks

Mike Phillips
09-19-2018, 03:07 PM
SONAX Spray and Seal

:)

acuRAS82
09-19-2018, 03:08 PM
For leaving stuff behind: DG Aquawax, Meg’s D156, Mckees Trademark Extender Spray, Wolfgang Fuzion Spray wax. Favorite of those depends on LSP and what I want the paint to look like.

For QDs: Crystal Mist, Mckees High Gloss Detail Spray

Bruno Soares
09-19-2018, 03:09 PM
I have 2 that I really like. For coated vehicles I use a 32oz bottle with 2oz of Reload and 2oz of Ech2o, fill the rest with distilled water. For non-coated vehicles I use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless diluted 3oz/gallon and it works great.

Desertnate
09-20-2018, 08:07 AM
I have 2 that I really like. For coated vehicles I use a 32oz bottle with 2oz of Reload and 2oz of Ech2o, fill the rest with distilled water. For non-coated vehicles I use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless diluted 3oz/gallon and it works great.

Another vote for Ech2O, although I haven't tried mixing in Reload. It's great all by itself at 1:20 ratio.

I also like Kenoteck Showroom Shine and Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax depending on what is on the car and whether I feel like using a QD spray or a spray wax.

DetailZeus
09-20-2018, 08:43 AM
I think you'll get a lot of different answers here! For me it's Uber rinseless @ 3 oz/gal

TTQ B4U
09-20-2018, 10:34 AM

^^ this. /thread.

PA DETAILER
09-20-2018, 11:25 AM
I get 2 gallons out of this method. Mc Kees Rinse free wash and wax diluted for a drying aid. Results are amazing.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/mqI7_yViMIY)

waterman
09-20-2018, 11:57 AM
For leaving stuff behind: DG Aquawax, Meg’s D156, Mckees Trademark Extender Spray, Wolfgang Fuzion Spray wax. Favorite of those depends on LSP and what I want the paint to look like.

For QDs: Crystal Mist, Mckees High Gloss Detail Spray
Hello,

Is it ok to keep using these waxes after every wash? Since they leave something behind isn’t their a chance of to much buildup?

acuRAS82
09-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Hello,

Is it ok to keep using these waxes after every wash? Since they leave something behind isn’t their a chance of to much buildup?

Aquawax and Fuzion Spray, yes those could build up and should only be used every 2-3 weeks. Meg’s D156 and Trademark can be used often without any touted buildup (every week or two).

The QDs can obviously be used as often as you like. A good method is using a spray wax every 2-3 weeks and using the QD or Rinseless/waterless solution all wash weeks inbetween.

infosponge
09-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Aquawax and Fuzion Spray, yes those could build up and should only be used every 2-3 weeks. Meg’s D156 and Trademark can be used often without any touted buildup (every week or two).

The QDs can obviously be used as often as you like. A good method is using a spray wax every 2-3 weeks and using the QD or Rinseless/waterless solution all wash weeks inbetween.

This build up you speak of, wouldn't it be layers of protection building up? Or is there a negative build up? I inquire because I use Aquawax as a drying aid myself and have been.

acuRAS82
09-20-2018, 12:15 PM
This build up you speak of, wouldn't it be layers of protection building up? Or is there a negative build up? I inquire because I use Aquawax as a drying aid myself and have been.

Possible protection buildup, with the only potential negative being a clouding affect on the surface. I’ve never witnessed this but Duragloss once put out a thread to limit how much is used to 1-2x per month, and I believe this was due to a complaint from a member or customer about the clouding.

I maintain a lot, and as I’ve said, I’ve never seen a cloudy surface due to using too much spray wax. Unless you’re using s thick spray wax 2-3x per week for numerous weeks, I don’t think you will have this issue.

And if you do experience a cloudy surface... don’t use any toppers for awhile and it should (I would think) naturally wear off without needing to polish.

infosponge
09-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Possible protection buildup, with the only potential negative being a clouding affect on the surface. I’ve never witnessed this but Duragloss once put out a thread to limit how much is used to 1-2x per month, and I believe this was due to a complaint from a member or customer about the clouding.

I maintain a lot, and as I’ve said, I’ve never seen a cloudy surface due to using too much spray wax. Unless you’re using s thick spray wax 2-3x per week for numerous weeks, I don’t think you will have this issue.

And if you do experience a cloudy surface... don’t use any toppers for awhile and it should (I would think) naturally wear off without needing to polish.

Thanks for elaborating, I have never noticed any build up, but recently haven't been able to wash but 1-3 times monthly.

PaulMys
09-20-2018, 07:32 PM
The trick to using DG AquaWax (whether as a drying aid, or a stand alone) is to use very little product.

A little goes a long way is a cliche', but it definitely applies to using AW.

acuRAS82
09-20-2018, 07:42 PM
The trick to using DG AquaWax (whether as a drying aid, or a stand alone) is to use very little product.

A little goes a long way is a cliche', but it definitely applies to using AW.

Yes. And it doesn’t streak for me even if I slather it on, so it’s very possible to use too much without immediate consequences, but loading up is not at all necessary. Using sparingly, I can’t imagine anyone having “clouding” issues.