PDA

View Full Version : Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sudsmobile
09-18-2018, 10:14 PM
That stuff is good. Really good.

Daviddear30
09-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Is that the newest version of powerlock?
I've used powerlocknfor years. Easy to apply and super easy to wipe off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sudsmobile
09-18-2018, 10:23 PM
I guess but don't know but it's all new to me, but I believe so. Super easy to wipe off and not hazy on black. The customer was blown away with his black Dodge 3500.

PurpleTowel
09-18-2018, 11:11 PM
Yeah, really good stuff.

I don't use wax at all anymore, unless I'm doing a show car garage queen.

Finick
09-18-2018, 11:16 PM
This was on my radar when I was looking recently.

I ended up with collinite 845 (mostly for the price point), and can’t say I’ve been disappointed by it, but the sweating and potential pseudo hologram look if it’s put on too thick can be a downer. I just use it on my own car. I don’t think I’d be confident using it on someone’s car for money, tbh.

I’ll have to check out powerlock +, I really would like a “go to” that’s a true easy on and off. Lots of products that claim an easy on easy off tend to leave some kind of smearing ime, which is really frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sudsmobile
09-18-2018, 11:19 PM
While pricey, we had been using another product that was SiO2 based. Super easy on and off but REALLY pricey. This is just as easy on and off, IMO looks better and is roughly 1/4 of the price.

SWETM
09-19-2018, 12:36 AM
And 1 with a long longevity. It's an very popular sealant here in Sweden. The name here is Menzerna Powerlock and this is a Jescar product from the beginning. And it's looks great too. No need to be topping it from the start. Use it on it's own and you will be satisfied with it. The downside for a business could be that you don't see the vehical applyied to for 8-10 months. When it's time for another application. Works great in tough environment too.

PurpleTowel
09-19-2018, 08:09 AM
FWIW, I machine apply with a super soft pad, then let the car sit for at least 20 minutes. With a clean thick microfiber, just wipe it off. It’s literally that easy.

The only downside is that it can be difficult to remove from the pad (which is a good thing). I use wax & grease remover (PrepSol) then hot water and it comes right out. Something to keep in mind when you consider it’s durability... it just doesn’t come off with water alone.

Belo
09-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Loyal menzerna/jescar powerlock guy here. I like it so much I wont even try anything else anymore haha. Very easy to apply and feels like a silky smooth extra coat of clear on my car. love it

sudsmobile
09-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Good to know. That's pretty much exactly what we did. Machine applied with LC Black pads then let it haze while we did windows and tires. Then wiped it off. The only thing I noticed is that I think my son put it on a little heavy in a few spots and it was a little harder to get off but that's on us.

sudsmobile
09-19-2018, 08:26 AM
FWIW, I machine apply with a super soft pad, then let the car sit for at least 20 minutes. With a clean thick microfiber, just wipe it off. It’s literally that easy.

The only downside is that it can be difficult to remove from the pad (which is a good thing). I use wax & grease remover (PrepSol) then hot water and it comes right out. Something to keep in mind when you consider it’s durability... it just doesn’t come off with water alone.

Is there a good alternative to Prepsol? It appears that it's difficult to get a hold of and a bit pricey at $40/gallon.

Belo
09-19-2018, 08:31 AM
Good to know. That's pretty much exactly what we did. Machine applied with LC Black pads then let it haze while we did windows and tires. Then wiped it off. The only thing I noticed is that I think my son put it on a little heavy in a few spots and it was a little harder to get off but that's on us.

black lc pads here too. very tough to get out of the pad, but i think that's a good thing n a way. and yeah you can get some sections that are harder to remove, but by no means difficult. Obviously be careful near trim and cracks too. I've left on for over an hour in a cool shaded garage and it still buffs off real nice with a mf towel.

Farmallluvr
09-19-2018, 08:50 AM
I put it on my Honda last month,I applied it with the orbital ,a red griots red foam pad for waxing on 2spd and let it sit for 2 hrs and it wiped off very easy.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/120660-honda-shine.html?highlight=Honda+shine

PurpleTowel
09-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Is there a good alternative to Prepsol? It appears that it's difficult to get a hold of and a bit pricey at $40/gallon.

Try Klean-Strip Prep-All from a local auto parts store or Amazon. Should be about $25 a gallon. They may even carry it at HD or other big box hardware stores.

Honestly, it’s one of those products I think is a must-have in the detail shop. It’s my post-polish pre-wax/sealant wipe down instead of the pricey branded option. I don’t use IPA anymore, only wax & grease remover. It also will remove white polish/wax stains from black plastics, as well as cleaning final finishing pads. I can fill a 32oz bottle 4 times for the gallon and get a ton of usage out of it for the money.

sudsmobile
09-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Noted. So you're using in place of Eraser for example? Thanks.