PDA

View Full Version : Repainted bonnet "swirls"

Bernard
02-17-2008, 11:06 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/2194468503_bd59d60408_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2385/2273571466_17bd4e2bf6_m.jpg

I recently got my car back from the workshop. The 2nd pict is before spray painted.

And the spray painter uses a compound to polished the hood. It totally swirled up the whole hood. I tried polishing using M83 & M80 wt a DA. But can only remove bout 30% of the swirls only. Before I could easily remove swirls on the OEM clear coat.

So my questions is, do u guys think that the repainted clear coat is harder than the OEM clear coat...? The spray painter did say that he uses a very lasting clear coat lacquer for me. Now I'm thinking of getting a RB to polish out the swirls. And getting some Menzerna polishes. What do u guys think...? TQ.

fenderbender
02-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Are you sure he said LACQUER? This has been replaced with urethane in most cases.I would have some one check paint millage. before sanding or buffing again. If you paid someone to do this take it back to them.
If you are going foward with the polish operation sand with 2000wd paper (wet) polish with System-one. no filler or glaze until you are happy with the finish.

fenderbender
02-18-2008, 08:12 AM
:buffing:
Are you sure he said LACQUER? This has been replaced with urethane in most cases.I would have some one check paint millage. before sanding or buffing again. If you paid someone to do this take it back to them.
If you are going foward with the polish operation sand with 2000wd paper (wet) polish with System-one. no filler or glaze until you are happy with the finish.

Bernard
02-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Hehe... Well our local spray painters usually uses the term 'lacquer' as clear coats. Anyway he said something like '2K slow-lacquer'. In my understanding its like a slow harden type of clear coat.....

As there's one time they spray '2K fast-drying lacquer' on my front bumper for my and it didn't withstand stone-chips while driving on the highway. Then they spray this so called '2K slow-lacquer' and it does stop the front bumper's problem with stone-chips....? He doesn't allow me to take the car even when it's finished spraying coz he say it might be ruined if there's a rain & etc. Dunno...? But he does mix thinner with the lacquer...? Oh and he told me that it's very toxic to inhale & he would ask me to go further away when he's spraying the lacquer.

The only thing I know is tht my OEM clear coats are easily polished out. Most of the time even M80 is good enough to polish off the swirls.