PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong there

ARTB155
09-17-2018, 08:36 AM
What is wrong???
Yesterday I did all the car with Dodo Juice Black Widow hybrid wax (light polish before).
Under the reflector light and bright sun everything was very clean/leveled but today under the cloudy sky I can see some dark/light spots on the hood, roof and trunk.
Car is mettalic black with healthy clear coat - not porous as I can see.
Are those spots from not enough wax buffing or maybe rehazing wax if anyone experience such and still why is it visible just when sky is cloudy and not under the sun or reflector - there are no buffing holograms under the sun.

Thx

Desertnate
09-17-2018, 08:52 AM
It could very well be what some call the wax, "sweating".

I found with 845 if I put it slightly too heavy and/or didn't buff it out enough in some places two things would happen. First, the wax would haze up in places as soon as it sat in the hot sun; i.e. the "sweats". Second, the places not buffed out properly would look like smears or hologram-ish. Either way a little QD on a MF towel with a little light buffing will remove them.

I have found indirect lighting very helpful in highlighting defects. This is especially true for me on my black car when finding high spots from a coating application. In the bright sun it looks amazing, but when pulled into my garage or while sitting on a cloudy day those spots are pretty easy to find.