PDA

View Full Version : Megs #7 Show Car Glaze on Black Base Coat/Clear Coat...

Sonic Pilot
09-15-2018, 01:06 AM
It's my understanding that Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze was originally intended for single stage paints. The oils in #7 worked wonders to really bring out that wet look. Then top with an LSP to lock it in.
Well, can one expect the same results when using it on a black base coat/clear coat? Is it worth the extra effort?

WaxMaster1
09-15-2018, 10:46 AM
It's my understanding that Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze was originally intended for single stage paints. The oils in #7 worked wonders to really bring out that wet look. Then top with an LSP to lock it in.
Well, can one expect the same results when using it on a black base coat/clear coat? Is it worth the extra effort?Don't waste your time even using it on clearcoat

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sonic Pilot
09-15-2018, 07:08 PM
Don't waste your time even using it on clearcoat

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, is there another glaze product on the market that people seem to like, that will provide a similar deep, wet, rich look to a black base coat/clear coat? I understand the #7 can be a bit finicky when it comes to removal as well. A bit of a learning curve if you are not familiar with it.

FUNX650
09-15-2018, 07:38 PM
is there another glaze product on the
market that people seem to like, that
will provide a similar deep, wet, rich
look to a black base coat/clear coat?

Please count me as one of the people that
not only uses 3M Imperial Hand Glaze...
but also as one that really likes the deep,
wet, and rich look it provides to any/all
BC/CC paint systems.

Bob

HateSwirls
09-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Fire Glaze we use at times at my shop.

Works very well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)