PDA

View Full Version : Carpet/Mat Grooming

AjNavo61490
02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
How do people get their carpet to come out with lines spread PERFECTLY through their cars' carpets and mats? I know you use an extractor, but what cleaner? attachment? technique? tips?

TIA

Jimmie
02-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I usually only put carpet stripes in the carpet mats plus rear decks in an SUV. I use Woolite 8:1 for general cleaning; Folex for spots/stains. If I do the mats with a pressure washer (very dirty) then the stripes are put in with a LGM. If they are cleaned by just spraying and agitating with a carpet brush I put the stipes with the carpet brush or wet/dry vac.
Lay all of the nap down (same direction) and then stand it back up by doing alternate stripes the opposite direction. I measure with the width of whatever tool. Just pull it straight.

jesselyons2002
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
For straight line stripe's, you go:
<-----
------>
<-----
------>

For the triangle stripe. Just go down with your carpet brush and then up diagonal and then down
l \ l \ l \ l
l \ l \ l \ l
l \ l \ l \ l

jesselyons2002
02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't know why my thing ain't showing right ??

imageautodetail
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
concourse carpet grooming - Professional Detailer.com (http://forums.professionaldetailer.com/showthread.php?p=183#post183)

cegcsg2
02-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I usually only put carpet stripes in the carpet mats plus rear decks in an SUV. I use Woolite 8:1 for general cleaning; Folex for spots/stains. If I do the mats with a pressure washer (very dirty) then the stripes are put in with a LGM. If they are cleaned by just spraying and agitating with a carpet brush I put the stipes with the carpet brush or wet/dry vac.
Lay all of the nap down (same direction) and then stand it back up by doing alternate stripes the opposite direction. I measure with the width of whatever tool. Just pull it straight.

I am curious...I have noticed here and other posts where Woolite and water are mixed and used as a carpet cleaner. I have also seen some impressive pictures of results. I am wondering though, are you just using original woolite for clothing or some kind of woolite carpet cleaner?

Jimmie
02-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I am curious...I have noticed here and other posts where Woolite and water are mixed and used as a carpet cleaner. I have also seen some impressive pictures of results. I am wondering though, are you just using original woolite for clothing or some kind of woolite carpet cleaner?

The mostly white bottle liquid laundry detergent for fine fabrics.

cegcsg2
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
The mostly white bottle liquid laundry detergent for fine fabrics.

Thanks! I'll give that a try...