PDA

View Full Version : ONR presoak sprayer

Pages : [1] 2

dsms
02-17-2008, 09:32 AM
For a very dirty car should I pre soak the paint first before using Z7 and a foam gun or 2 bucket method? I was thinking that a chemical sprayer with ONR would be a good pre soak treatment, anybody use this?

rwisejr
02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
The Onr in chemical sprayer method is how patrick from exceldetail does it if I remember correctly.

Bunky
02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I have been using a presoak sprayer and it did not seem to make any difference for me. It still is peace of mind.

distrbd
02-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I do a presoak with ONR only because it makes sense ,if ONR is suppose to "encapsulate" dirt ,this method will do so,as the result ,when I do the actual washing with the sponge and ONR mix, the dirt should already be in that "encapsulated condition "to be removed.:cheers:

jesselyons2002
02-17-2008, 03:27 PM
I do the same but the mixture is at Qd strength in the chemical sprayer

Rsurfer
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I have been using a presoak sprayer and it did not seem to make any difference for me. It still is peace of mind.:iagree:If your ride is well waxed the ONR spray will just run off, especially the side panels that get most of the road dirt and sludge. Just wash from the top down with the 2 bucket method and everthing should be good.

Bunky
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
:iagree:If your ride is well waxed the ONR spray will just run off, especially the side panels that get most of the road dirt and sludge. Just wash from the top down with the 2 bucket method and everthing should be good.

Exactly. It never seems to stick to the paint especially on the sides.

Jimmie
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
:iagree:If your ride is well waxed the ONR spray will just run off, especially the side panels that get most of the road dirt and sludge. Just wash from the top down with the 2 bucket method and everthing should be good.

:iagree: :whs:

jesselyons2002
02-19-2008, 12:58 AM

I wax my car and the onr doesn't run off. It kind of sticks to paint in little tiny bubble. Does that with ever car I tried it on that I know has wax on it.

patrick
02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
The whole concept allows the water/NRWS to help soften the debris allowing for easier, safer, more thorough removal. Less attrition is best.
Not sure if any of you have noticed what happens to built up debris or dust after a light rain? Instant encapsulation. Add NRWS to the mix, and its instant encapsulation, with lubricating factors. It been a proven NRWS enhancement for many, many detailers I know of......

lgtspecb
02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I always spritz the panel with a spray bottle filled with onr at qd strength at let it soak while I rinse the mitt and load it with onr. Not sure if it helps much with the wash but it does help with peace of mind. Mine also does not run off the car if it rained at all that week, it just sticks to the dirt.

Rsurfer
02-13-2009, 12:56 AM
I always spritz the panel with a spray bottle filled with onr at qd strength at let it soak while I rinse the mitt and load it with onr. Not sure if it helps much with the wash but it does help with peace of mind. Mine also does not run off the car if it rained at all that week, it just sticks to the dirt.
I was referring to the side panels as far as run off. If you spray enough ONR qd, it will run off. If you give it just a light spray it will probably stick to the paint. When using ONR as QD I give the side panels a light misting and then come back a few minutes later and give it another spray. This second spray tends to get the first misting to run down the panel. Sort of a self rinsing action.

Bunky
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM

I also pre-soak with ONR but I cannot tell if it really makes any difference. The dirt never seems to just slide away. On a waxed vehicles, ONR just seems to sheet off very quickly. On dirtier vehicles, it never seems to do much in an visually obvious manner/ I assume there is just a chance it loosens it enough to minimize marring or swirls.

02zx9r
02-18-2009, 12:35 PM

This is how I do it when I wash with onr (dp 4 in 1 rinseless wah and shine). Spray 2-3 or more squirts and it starts running down the door panel with some of the dirt and grit. I just let it sit and soak until I come around with the mitt and onr wash.

patrick
03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I assume there is just a chance it loosens it enough to minimize marring or swirls.

And thats the added security!