PDA

View Full Version : First time polishing are these holograms?

Bgates222
09-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Hello if anyone can help I’d appreciate it this is my first time detailing a car I did the wash then clay and polish using chemical guys vss and da polisher then seal and waxed the car. Everything seemed to be good but maybe the next day I noticed a haze on the places I polished,from looking on the internet I think what I missed was the finishing polish and hence the haze o r holograms, can this be fixed with maybe some sort of final finishing polish? Thanks

Daviddear30
09-08-2018, 08:42 PM
What was and sealant did you use?
How did it look after polish before sealant?
Use anything in between the polish step and the sealant? IPA etc?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bgates222
09-08-2018, 08:46 PM
I used jetseal and butter wet wax from chemical guys,no IPA I also added Sonax spray and shine a few weeks later the polishing was about a month ago I probably should have mentioned that

Daviddear30
09-08-2018, 08:50 PM
So it didn't look like this at the time of polishing?

If that's the case probably applied a couple things that just don't play well together. I had collinite 845 do this to me with some sealants and not with others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

custmsprty
09-08-2018, 09:13 PM
That's DA Haze. You need to do a final polish step. I used all those CG products in the past, honestly I didn't like any of them. Especially BWWax.

Check out this post, it might help you out:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/118401-2015-black-porsche-cayenne-correction-fg400-polish-angel-master-sealant.html?highlight=porsche+cayenne

Bgates222
09-08-2018, 09:31 PM
No it dint have it at polishing that I can remember, from reading around I thought it might be the final finishing step I missed, I think I have some Sonax perfect finish that’s something I can use for the final step no? Would you advise doing the calling again even tho it was only A month or feel the surface then decide ? Thanks I don’t know how you did that Porsche in 6 hours I was working for 9 hours and couldn’t finish lol

Rsurfer
09-08-2018, 10:32 PM
By "calling", did you mean claying? If so, not necessary. I agree with custmsprty, looks like DA haze. Perfect finish would be a good finishing polish. Be sure to do an IPA wipe down to get rid of the polishing oils before applying your LSP.

Bgates222
09-08-2018, 11:27 PM
By "calling", did you mean claying? If so, not necessary. I agree with custmsprty, looks like DA haze. Perfect finish would be a good finishing polish. Be sure to do an IPA wipe down to get rid of the polishing oils before applying your LSP.
Yes sorry I did mean claying but my Ipad felt that isn’t what I really wanted to type,I’ve read and seen conflicting info on ipa wipe downs is There anything I could use ?

SWETM
09-09-2018, 05:49 AM
What pad did you use to polish the CG vss with?

Could be either DA haze if you used a high cutting pad. And it could be that something gone wrong with your protection products. Did you have that haze when you applyied the Sonax stuff?

Bgates222
09-09-2018, 02:01 PM
What pad did you use to polish the CG vss with?

Could be either DA haze if you used a high cutting pad. And it could be that something gone wrong with your protection products. Did you have that haze when you applyied the Sonax stuff?
I used a chemical guys hexlogic orange foam pad yes the haze was there when i applied the Sonax

Rsurfer
09-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Yes sorry I did mean claying but my Ipad felt that isn’t what I really wanted to type,I’ve read and seen conflicting info on ipa wipe downs is There anything I could use ?
Car Pro's Eraser.

MikeC78
09-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Car Pro's Eraser.

Gotta love CarPro's Eraser. Has to be one of my favorite products to use, including the scent.

Bgates222
09-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Car Pro's Eraser.ok cool will try that thanks