PDA

View Full Version : Windshield stain/haziness

pmesfun
09-08-2018, 04:14 AM
Hello,

Whenever it rains and the wipers are on the windshield stays hazy. I've cleaned the wipers, windshield inside and outside. Even with defroster on or the windows down there is no difference. Any ideas on what to do? It's hard to see especially at night.

Thankshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180908/0fd83abe6ed3d8b7f21b62025867ea0a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180908/d24a0d29c534ea47c5c9eb33528cd3b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GEM65
09-08-2018, 04:46 AM
magic eraser and apc for deep clean follow by machine polish[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

TTQ B4U
09-08-2018, 05:57 AM
magic eraser and apc for deep clean follow by machine polish[emoji4]

^^ this, only I use Magic Eraser and 3D eraser gel. Follow the instructions closely leaving it on no longer than 1 minute at a time. You'll know when it's down to bare glass and perfectly clean a you'll see the water actually "cling" to the glass and if you were to squeegee it off you would see that thick layer of water clinging to it.

Once done, dry thoroughly and apply your favorite glass coating or repellent. I really like McKee's Glass coating and I then subsequently follow it up after a few months with Rust Oleum's Never Wet for glass as needed.

SWETM
09-08-2018, 05:13 PM
How old are the wipers?
And some wipers don't work so great either. Maybe switch to a new set of wipers. After the suggested deep cleaning above and a glass sealant or coating.

Do you get fog on the inside of the windows too?
If you have AC in the car. A common problem is the cabin air filter needs to be replaced. It's the sign when even with the AC on your windows get foggy with moisture. And if you are unlucky you can have a leak from the cabin air radiator. Hope I get the termonology right lol.

Did the hazeing start after you had has some kind of protection on it?
Some sealant and coating don't like some windshields. And when driving with them to soon. Or something else happened when you applyied them. You can get wiper haze. It's just to polishing it off and apply again.

Some thoughts it could be.

pmesfun
09-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Ok I used the magic eraser with glass cleaner and then used the orbital with some compound. I cleaned off all the residue and applied griots glass sealant. Now the windshield is very clear. I also used the sealant on the other windows and replaced the wipers. Much better visibility all around. Thanks guys.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/3e4f257e2308f662d6bf978ca4944fd6.jpg

itsgn
09-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Whenever it rains and the wipers are on the windshield stays hazy. I've cleaned the wipers, windshield inside and outside. Even with defroster on or the windows down there is no difference. Any ideas on what to do? It's hard to see especially at night.
You didn't happen to use some some silicone based dressing on the window wipers or on the cockpit dashboard, did you?

pmesfun
09-08-2018, 10:15 PM
No I haven't cleaned the car in months and nothing was applied since then. I usually use the washer nozzles to clean the windshield, maybe the washer fluid could have caused it? The old wipers did streak pretty bad.

SWETM
09-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Awesome you got it sorted out! It's not fun driving with a windshield hazed like you had.