PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between these 2 products?

Sonic Pilot
09-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Meguiars M105 and Meguiars Diamond Cut Compound 2.0?

The Diamond cut advertises low dusting and less spatter/slinging and lists for about $10.00 less than M105. However, they are both listed at a "10" on Mequiars "abrasive scale" listed on the product bottle.

JustJesus
09-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Diamond Cut aka M85 is older and geared more toward rotary polishers.

JustJesus
09-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Meguiars M105 and Meguiars Diamond Cut Compound 2.0?

The Diamond cut advertises low dusting and less spatter/slinging and lists for about $10.00 less than M105. However, they are both listed at a "10" on Mequiars "abrasive scale" listed on the product bottle.

I also read through your other thread. If you're looking to stay within the Megs line, consider D300 and MF Cut Discs. Great stuff. Otherwise, plenty of great suggestions on your other thread

Sonic Pilot
09-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Hey JustJesus, thanks for the response. Yea, this is very much in-line with my other post. So far, I am liking what I am hearing about Megs D300. It may be just what I am looking for.
However, when I came across this Diamond Cut Compound and read the label, it too sounded pretty good as it specifically mentions "low dusting". When comparing the labels, they seem identical in what the end result/finish would be so there in lies my confusion. Instead of an "older product" it seems to me to be an upgrade from M105 due to the low dusting and spattering.

I do like the Meguiars product line but like many other detail supply manufacturers their product line can be extremely confusing to navigate. It shouldn't be! Too many products that when you compare labels and descriptions, they all sound the same. Very frustrating for the end user!

JustJesus
09-07-2018, 06:02 PM
I do like the Meguiars product line but like many other detail supply manufacturers their product line can be extremely confusing to navigate. It shouldn't be! Too many products that when you compare labels and descriptions, they all sound the same. Very frustrating for the end user!

You're welcome.

I know what you mean. When I started off, I was confused with what to get. I now have way too many products that don't get used. I'll easily part ways with M105 and pick up more D300. Other compounds I've used are good as well. MANY good choices, that it's hard to go wrong.

One suggestion: get sample sizes whenever you can!!