PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna is easy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bill-SD
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
I've read all the threads saying how tricky Menzerna is to use. I just started using it a month or so ago. I ordered SIP and Nano. I have to say, I find it quite easy to use, and the results are excellent. If there is anyone who is apprehensive about trying it...I say go for it. I'm very happy I discovered the stuff!

Side note. Menzerna did a great job everwhere my PC could reach. What hand polish would you guys recommend for the spots where a machine can't hit? Behind the door handles for example.

Z06-Goose
02-16-2008, 10:21 PM
For spots where the PC can't reach, I normally use KAIO, or 3M 39009

ZoranC
02-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Rules. Exceptions. Two different things.

Bill-SD
02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Rules. Exceptions. Two different things.

???

Jimmie
02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
PB Professional Polish is excellent by hand. Any AIO works too.

ZoranC
02-17-2008, 04:11 AM
???
In other words: Experience of one or two persons once or twice under condition or two does not make something a rule. It is experience of many people many times under many conditions what makes something a rule.

lethalxls1
02-17-2008, 05:30 AM
pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....here we go

ScottB
02-17-2008, 09:54 AM
I too find Menzerna quite easy to use ... but to each their own !

Brian_Brice
02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Menzerna has no different degree of difficulty than others imo. The problem with menz vs the rest is, if you don't know how to use menz properly it will fill a lot of defects leading you to believe your finish is perfect, whereas other lines will not show you the same results without proper usage.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-17-2008, 10:41 AM
In other words: Experience of one or two persons once or twice under condition or two does not make something a rule. It is experience of many people many times under many conditions what makes something a rule.

What are you trying to say and why are you speaking in riddles?

Bill-SD
02-17-2008, 10:52 AM
PB Professional Polish is excellent by hand. Any AIO works too.

So I can use Menzerna by hand (in a tight space)? I was thinking it needed a lot to break it down. What I'm really after is polishing out the fingernail scratches behind my door handle. Thanks for the advice!

Funny...I didn't think this thread would get so many responses. Just from reading some of the post (from the few ;)), I was a little leery of trying it on my pretty new car. But it works exactly as advertised :D

This is a great board. I apreciate all the help and tips!

ZoranC
02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
What are you trying to say and why are you speaking in riddles?
Sorry if I was vague, I thought it was obvious what I was trying to say but let me try to clarify it: Menzerna products are being used by quite a many enthusiast and professional out there. Quite a number of them have reported on many boards that Menzerna can be "temperamental" depending on conditions it is used under, that it is sensitive to heat, humidity, etc. Which all makes sense because Menzerna products were developed to be used in controlled environment.

When high number of people that know how to use Menzerna correctly report same after high number of uses under varying conditions then we can say it is pretty much a rule. When few people here and there experience difference that one or two times they tried it that is good for them but can not be used to jump to making generalized statement, it is just an exception to the rule.

I hope this clarifies what I meant to say.

D
02-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Zoran is basically saying this guy doesnt have enough experience to be saying Menzerna is easy to use. And I have to agree with him. Bill-SD, you've only used it a couple times without any problems. As you use it more often in different environments, you'll probably run into some issues with it here and there.

Menzerna is the most finicky polish Ive used. Ive used XMT, PB SSR's, Optimum, and ##. I think the majority of it is the temperature. Brian is also right, if you dont know how to use it, then it will hide a lot of things.

ZoranC
02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
The problem with menz vs the rest is, if you don't know how to use menz properly it will fill a lot of defects leading you to believe your finish is perfect, whereas other lines will not show you the same results without proper usage.
As only way (I personally know of) product will fill defects is if it contains fillers, and Menzerna does not contain fillers, could you please educate me/us how improper use of Menzerna can result in defects being filled?

Bill-SD
02-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Zoran is basically saying this guy doesnt have enough experience to be saying Menzerna is easy to use. And I have to agree with him. Bill-SD, you've only used it a couple times without any problems. As you use it more often in different environments, you'll probably run into some issues with it here and there.

Menzerna is the most finicky polish Ive used. Ive used XMT, PB SSR's, Optimum, and ##. I think the majority of it is the temperature. Brian is also right, if you dont know how to use it, then it will hide a lot of things.

You're right, my experience with it can't hold a candle to you guys. Not sure what you're getting at. I guess I should have said that it was very easy for me to to use. I followed the directions, and the tips from this and other sites, it worked like a charm.