PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna is easy

Pages : 1 2 [3]

D
02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
You know, I have a great deal of respect for you guys and your experience. I do not work as a professional detailer, but I'll venture to say, my skill level is at least equal to the average detailer (been doing this on my own for 8-10 yrs). You guys however, I feel are well above average, which is why I come here for advice. That said, to imply that I'm not using this product correctly because it worked well for me, is just not fair. Again, I was just trying to share a positive experience.

Its clear you aren't understanding what we're saying.

Brian_Brice
02-18-2008, 09:35 AM
You know, I have a great deal of respect for you guys and your experience. I do not work as a professional detailer, but I'll venture to say, my skill level is at least equal to the average detailer (been doing this on my own for 8-10 yrs). You guys however, I feel are well above average, which is why I come here for advice. That said, to imply that I'm not using this product correctly because it worked well for me, is just not fair. Again, I was just trying to share a positive experience.

Bill, by no means did I suggest "You" used these products improperly. What is important to note is that these products can be used improperly and give off an appearance that would suggest it wasn't.

Not that I think you or anyone questions whether you did or not, I would suggest you do a simple wipe-down test to make sure your paint is what it says it is. These products can fool even the most seasoned of veterans.

jsilver6
02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Well technically, that's exactly what it "can" do, and for the amount of posts I see which use sip and 106 I would guess what it "does" do for many users. Call it what you want, hide,fill, deceive, or whatever you prefer to call it. Trouble is, there is a decent learning curve to making sure that doesn't happen, I am afraid far too many people are not aware of this.

I alway appreciate the interest in Menzerna professional products and the discussion regarding use and results. Interesting how an inanimate polish can develop a personality and become like a soap opera actor. Do we really believe that it "hides" or "deceives" when used? I'm sure that someone will correct me and tell me that I'm taking it out of context, but let's not make too much of this or any other polish.

Once again, for the record, Menzerna does not contain fillers. Oil cannot hide defects, but can actually enhance defects. Try washing down your next car with a mineral oil bath and deliver it to your customer and see if they are satisfied with the results of your paint correction! The oil is for lubrication and to reduce the heat generated from polishing.

The products that are being discussed were developed for commercial and industrial applications such as in an automobile assembly plant. The people that are actually using the Menzerna products are hourly factory worker and prefer products that are simple and easy to use that provide fast, assembly-line speed results. The learning curve for these working is quite short even though they generally have experience working with polish. They have NO patience trying to make a product work if it is not performing within 2 minutes. If Menzerna were as finicky as some suggest, you can be sure that the workers would guarantee it to fail on the production line and it would be replaced. Of course, if it were not used correctly, meaning wrong pad, wrong machine, wrong speed, insufficient time, incorrect pressure, etc then it would not provide the expected excellent results. Same goes in the detailing environment.

So to review once again (and I'm sure many times in the future!), no fillers, no deception, no kidding.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Silver
Menzerna USA

Dandrop
02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for clarifying that Menz does not contain fillers. Can you also confirm that the 106FF that comes in the square bottle is the same exact content that comes in the round bottle? I've seen this argument come up from time to time that they a different.

ZoranC
02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Jeff, thank you for the valuable post!

Just for clarification purposes please let it be noted that whenever I said "temperamental" and "finicky" it was always with disclaimer "when used outside environment they were meant for".

In other words, I feel we shouldn't expect it to work as advertised and not rebel when used in "shadetree detail" under conditions that vary enough from ones it is aimed for.

jsilver6
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for clarifying that Menz does not contain fillers. Can you also confirm that the 106FF that comes in the square bottle is the same exact content that comes in the round bottle? I've seen this argument come up from time to time that they a different.

The 106FF in the square bottle is the same 106FF as in the round bottle. No difference in contents, just packaging.

D
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I alway appreciate the interest in Menzerna professional products and the discussion regarding use and results. Interesting how an inanimate polish can develop a personality and become like a soap opera actor. Do we really believe that it "hides" or "deceives" when used? I'm sure that someone will correct me and tell me that I'm taking it out of context, but let's not make too much of this or any other polish.

Once again, for the record, Menzerna does not contain fillers. Oil cannot hide defects, but can actually enhance defects. Try washing down your next car with a mineral oil bath and deliver it to your customer and see if they are satisfied with the results of your paint correction! The oil is for lubrication and to reduce the heat generated from polishing.

The products that are being discussed were developed for commercial and industrial applications such as in an automobile assembly plant. The people that are actually using the Menzerna products are hourly factory worker and prefer products that are simple and easy to use that provide fast, assembly-line speed results. The learning curve for these working is quite short even though they generally have experience working with polish. They have NO patience trying to make a product work if it is not performing within 2 minutes. If Menzerna were as finicky as some suggest, you can be sure that the workers would guarantee it to fail on the production line and it would be replaced. Of course, if it were not used correctly, meaning wrong pad, wrong machine, wrong speed, insufficient time, incorrect pressure, etc then it would not provide the expected excellent results. Same goes in the detailing environment.

So to review once again (and I'm sure many times in the future!), no fillers, no deception, no kidding.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Silver
Menzerna USA

Production lines are indoors and have constant environments, right? Like you said, thats what it was designed for. When its taken out of that certain environment it acts up. Does that mean it isnt a quality product, no. It simply means it isnt being used the way it was designed to be used. For example, I run into issues when its below a certain temperature. Its probably they most popular product out there, and my favorite polish by far. Also, you are misunderstanding, no one is saying Menzerna has FILLERS. All we are saying is it can hide defects. And those are the reasons it has a learning curve, just like everything else.

Bill-SD
02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Guess I must have used it in the correct environment ;)

D
02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Yes you did, good job.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-19-2008, 09:56 PM
You sure did Bill, I think other people were just letting you know the the ins and outs of how the product works and what happens when you are not in the perfect enviroment. It is the best polish hands down.

MadOzodi
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Is there an adverse-conditions efficient polish heirarchy that even exists or is most of it dependant upon the tool used and method? I guess what I'm asking is, which polish is most forgiving over a wide range of conditions?

SpoiledMan
02-21-2008, 08:57 AM
So Todd, I guess your post makes *me* a liar?

Jason
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Hope this helps.

Jeff Silver
Menzerna USA

Once again, for the record, Menzerna does not contain fillers. :goodpost:

SpoiledMan
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Ninja edit FTW.....

ZoranC
02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Ninja edit FTW.....
You just made me almost spur Gatorade all over the monitor LOL