PDA

View Full Version : What are they thinking?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DaveT435
09-05-2018, 10:11 PM
They opened a Chemical Guys store here in Arlington. They don't open until 10:00. Two younger guys working there. I didn't realize it was just a Chemical Guys store when I walked in. Asked if they had a 1" plate for my ibird. He didn't know what an ibird was. Who in this industry doesn't know what an ibird is?? Now I'm looking around and seeing it's just Chemical Guys. I was the only one in the store. One of the guys asks if I had been in there before. I tell him no. He says "we have a lot of awesome stuff" I needed some pad cleaner because my order didn't make it so I go get that, and it sucks FYI. He as Go up to check out and he asks if that's my black Camaro. He says "we have some awesome stuff for black cars". I guess that's his attempt at being a salesman??

Why would you put the money into opening a store like that, not open until 10:00 AM close at 7:00 PM, put some clown in there that obviously doesn't know anything about detailing supplies, and has no salesmanship skills??

I couldn't believe it. On top of all this is's not a very good location, hidden in the middle of a strip mall. I don't know if these store are franchises or what. IMO this one is going to do nothing but lose money until they close the doors.

Wheter it's an actual Chemical guys store or franchise what were they thinking??

WaxMaster1
09-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Interesting, probably wants to sell you some kind of glaze to cover swirls on a black car. Also, no such thing as an iBird. It's actually a Bigfoot Nano. The iBrid part is the technology behind the tool.

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Sounds about the same as the other CG stores <shrug>.

Calendyr
09-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Never heard of iBirds. Are they Apple's attempt at the animal kingdom? ;)

As for the salesman skills, he should not require any. This industry is pretty straight forward. All you need to know is what product does what. I really doubt people are shopping around from store to store. It's not like you will visit 5 stores to decide what wax or polish you will use on your car.

As for business hours, 10 to 7 is better than most stores around here. The only specialized detailing stores I know of in Montreal have horrible hours. Usually 9 to 5 weekdays and 9 to 12 on saturdays. Closed on sundays. So basically, anytime I have time to go there, they are closed.

Not a fan of Chemical guys products. I might use some of them, like their Honeydew snow foam or VRP dressing, but I would not go out to buy any of their products. With that being said, they have a full lineup of products, so if they carry all the CG products, you will have several choices for each type of products.

As for location, this is a very specialized market. If they want affordable rent, they can't be in a great location. Around here detailing product shops are in industrial areas. Very inconveniant but I don't think they have much choice.

Eldorado2k
09-06-2018, 12:57 AM
I didn't realize it was just a Chemical Guys store when I walked in. He didn't know what an ibird was. Who in this industry doesn't know what an ibird is??

Umm, you call him out for not knowing what an “ibird” is, but at the same time you drive yourself to a Chemical Guys store yet somehow don’t know it’s a Chemical Guys store... Alrighty then. Lol.

Btw, the hours and location can’t be all that bad... Afterall you found it and didn’t even know where you were at.[emoji23]lol.

RTexasF
09-06-2018, 08:59 AM
What the hell is an ibird??????????? I'd say your knowledge matches that of the people at the store.

JustJesus
09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
i like those hours!!!!

Route246
09-06-2018, 11:07 AM
What the hell is an ibird??????????? I'd say your knowledge matches that of the people at the store.

Connects to the gonkulator. Learned that watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes.

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Connects to the gonkulator. Learned that watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes.

Does that go with the Turbo Encabulator?

infosponge
09-06-2018, 11:43 AM
This topic makes me LOL

Frank70
09-06-2018, 11:51 AM
In July a Chemical Guys store opened in Glen Burnie, Maryland (not in the area that I live). While out for a drive one day I decided to go and check it out just to look around. Nothing I wanted. Just curious. Needed to put some miles on the 370Z. When I got there I tried to open the door and it was locked. It was closed on a Monday. At least I had a nice drive. Have not gone back since.

Route246
09-06-2018, 12:30 PM
This thread stimulates a lot of CG noise and it dawned on me that much of the noise comes from lack of respect for what CG does.

It is a lot like the 'vette or BMW owners taking shots at the import tuners who are hopping up Hyundai's. Not cool. Your rig is more expensive and more cool but you're disrespecting those import tuners who are at a different place in life than you are.

CG customers aren't here yet but many will eventually get here. Respect them for trying and respect them for taking at least a cursory interest.

acuRAS82
09-06-2018, 01:06 PM
On the above note, I like Pete’s 53! That’s it though. CG Hex pads suck

custmsprty
09-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Pete's 53 is a great nuba for sure!

Silk Shine is still my all time favorite interior product and I pretty much have them all and still it's my go to.

Route246
09-06-2018, 06:16 PM

Pete's 53 is a great nuba for sure!

Silk Shine is still my all time favorite interior product and I pretty much have them all and still it's my go to.

Hexlogic pads are OK in my experience. Clay and clay pad is OK, too.

They have competent products (glass cleaner, shampoos, interior cleaners), I just think there are better ones out there (i.e. Palm Beach Motoring family, Collinite, Meg's Detailer line, etc.).

I rate them on par with Meg's Ultimate and other lines that are available at retail stores.