PDA

View Full Version : nanoskin mitt or nanoskin pad ??

Pages : [1] 2

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 08:26 PM
trying to make claying easier...

im willing to toss some money at this step to reduce labour.

the pad seems like more labour savings than the mitt??

I can use my nanaskin towel for tight sections..

mitt or pad...anybody try the pad and can share whether it helped with reducing labor aka sweating

JWallace
09-02-2018, 08:35 PM
I use the mitts, super easy.

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 08:46 PM
I use the mitts, super easy.

tks ive used the towel...im sure the mitt is a step up...wondering if i have the towel...whether the pad is the big upgrade..sweat factor saver

PaulMys
09-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Are you referring to the pad for the DA?

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 09:15 PM
yup.. the nanoskin pad for the DA

DaveT435
09-02-2018, 09:28 PM
I use the pad for the DA, definitely the fastest easiest way in IMO. I have the mitt also I use for tight areas.

PaulMys
09-02-2018, 09:40 PM
yup.. the nanoskin pad for the DA

As I always baby my rides, I never have much correction to do. Some, but not much.

I'm sure the DA pad works well for those that use it, but I love the control and "intimacy" of touch the mitts & sponges provide. Just this man's opinion.

Finick
09-03-2018, 03:35 AM
I use the nanoskin sponge, the medium grade one. I’d honestly like one of the towels, like the green one.

The sponges are very thick, so I feel like I lose out on the tactile feedback of something that’s potentially much thinner like one of the towels. A mitt would probably be nice too.

I also think the larger surface area of a mitt would make the process a lot quicker than using the sponges. Not that it takes awhile as is, but yknow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toolhead
09-03-2018, 06:30 AM
tks guys..i bought the nano pad.

the towel works well for me but again..my goal is for an even bigger labor reduction

ill let the flex do the heavy lifitng

i doubt the pad will have tapered edge like the force hybrid pads..so ill still use the towel for narrow areas

Mantilgh
09-03-2018, 08:27 AM
The clay pads on a DA do a enormous amount of work if you have really neglected vehicle to do, and polishing is a must after.

Stubborn contamination that takes many passes to remove by hand can be removed in seconds.

One problem is that you almost need an extra hand to spray lube while you work.

I’d recommend it more for those who do a lot of older vehicles. I would not use it for cars that are well kept, it is pretty aggressive.

Hermes1
09-03-2018, 10:00 AM
If I am not mistaken with the Nanoskin mitt you can wash the vehicle while using the mitt as opposed to the sponge or pad which would require a wash after performing the process. If correct it would seem to me the mitt would be the easiest.

PurpleTowel
09-03-2018, 10:20 AM
I use a 6" Nanoskin DA pad on a velcro hand strap applicator. It's the best of both worlds, where i have a 6" pad to use on a DA if I need to, or I attach the pad to the hand backing while I'm washing a car that needs correction and/or polish work.

Works VERY well and gives a lot of flexibility.

Toolhead
09-03-2018, 06:55 PM
The clay pads on a DA do a enormous amount of work if you have really neglected vehicle to do, and polishing is a must after.

Stubborn contamination that takes many passes to remove by hand can be removed in seconds.

One problem is that you almost need an extra hand to spray lube while you work.

I’d recommend it more for those who do a lot of older vehicles. I would not use it for cars that are well kept, it is pretty aggressive.

this is extremely helpful to know so i know when to use it...and more importantly when not to use it

Toolhead
09-03-2018, 06:57 PM
I use a 6" Nanoskin DA pad on a velcro hand strap applicator. It's the best of both worlds, where i have a 6" pad to use on a DA if I need to, or I attach the pad to the hand backing while I'm washing a car that needs correction and/or polish work.

Works VERY well and gives a lot of flexibility.

dude.....whats the name of the velcro strap? i didnt see it in the nano lineuo....did i miss it

Mantilgh
09-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Yep, you missed it. They’re at the bottom of the page.

Nanoskin Hand Strap Applicator - 5 inch (https://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-autoscrub-hand-strap-applicator.html)