PDA

View Full Version : advice on force hybrid pad purchase

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 08:10 PM
flex 3401 ..

im looking at a force hybrid pad purchase.

suggestions for whether to buy black or red??

primary purpose is for lsp application.

was going red but then saw the black option..which markets as being useable with finishing polishes as well...

so black makes sense ...but red markets not soaking up as much lsp.. that makes sense too..

any real world suggestions..to help me click buy on my shopping cart so i watch netflix...lol

JWallace
09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
It’s 25% off, get 1 or 2 of each..I have both..I’ve used the red to spread out 845....haven’t used the black. Seems every time I take out the 3401 it’s for an all in one..

sudsmobile
09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
We like black. Probably can't go wrong with either. The only reds I have are HDOs. They're really squishy which I don't care for.

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 08:38 PM
also... I just used wg uber compound (with orange pad) and finishing glaze (with white pad) to 2 step polish an older camry…

pads: force hybrid

tools: flex 3401..applying good pressure

dark grey..

removed a ton of paint defects..water spots/ etching.. scratches etc..but still a decent amount left...

im not chasing the rest of the problems during this session..

question.. would you double up on a compound polish for more removals OR switch up to grey on the first compound ..if you know there is a decent amount of defects left from using the orange pad?

im guessing most would say.. test the grey with compound first and if it meets my goal.. why double up on the compound with a orange,

haven't used the grey pad yet (orange is the highest cut pad so far).. is the grey an adventurous area for defect removal or use grey without worry but care..?

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 08:44 PM
It’s 25% off, get 1 or 2 of each..I have both..I’ve used the red to spread out 845....haven’t used the black. Seems every time I take out the 3401 it’s for an all in one..

yup...i have the other 6 pack slots filled with orange n white....im debating red or black...black seens atrractive for dual usage for finishing and lsp..red is lsp only

Dr Oldz
09-02-2018, 09:32 PM
I like the red pads for LSP application. The black for fine polishes although I do not usually do either operation with the 3401 personally. If you need something with more cut than the orange pad, try the hybrid foamed wool pads. They are amazing pads for the 3401. The grey pads do have a bit more cut than the orange but usually if the orange pad doesn't have enough cut for me, I jump to the foamed wool.

Toolhead
09-02-2018, 10:35 PM
thanks guys.

good suggestions from all

Dr Oldz
09-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Original 6.5" Orange Light Cutting Flat Pad (https://www.autogeek.net/or6orlicuflp.html)

These bad boys work pretty good on the 3401 if you use 6.5 inch pads. ESPECIALLY for the price!