PDA

View Full Version : To the people who have Detail Guardz...

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
09-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Do you find yourself using them all the time? Or has the novelty worn off?

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on them but would like some real unsponsored feedback.

sudsmobile
09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Are those the tire things? Pass. We used to use them, but stopped months ago. Now I set up the wash buckets on the far corner of the car about 3' away. We pull the hose around the bucket. Same principle, less finicky.

Bruno Soares
09-02-2018, 08:19 PM
I use them. But I only care for 2 cars so it’s not like I’m using it multiple times a day, every day. I like it because it keeps my power washer hose moving. Without Detail Guardz the hose gets stuck under the tires every time.

Eldorado2k
09-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Are those the tire things? Pass. We used to use them, but stopped months ago. Now I set up the wash buckets on the far corner of the car about 3' away. We pull the hose around the bucket. Same principle, less finicky.

Really? What did you hate about them? How are they finicky?

I went on youtube trying to check out reviews, but they’re all by people who received them for free and therefore obviously brown nosing with nothing but praise for them...

sudsmobile
09-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Two ways really. First, they don't stick under all tires the same. If the tire doesn't have a big lug on the outside, they kind of come out easily. Then the hose can pull them out. Also, if the hose kinks, you can't really tell because it's under the car. At least with the bucket system, you can see the kink and unf**k the hose.

sudsmobile
09-02-2018, 08:28 PM
I didn't hate them. I just didn't think they were worth the effort. I could see if you were doing one car a week.

Eldorado2k
09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

JWallace
09-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Just ordered them, should be here Wednesday, I.l let you know what I think if you haven’t pulled the trigger this week..

Eldorado2k
09-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Just ordered them, should be here Wednesday, I.l let you know what I think if you haven’t pulled the trigger this week..

I’ve got about 2hrs. to decide.. Things are on sale and it’s the only way I’ll ever consider buying them.

C5Longhorn
09-02-2018, 08:53 PM
I've thought about these also but have always passed because of what Sudsmobile said. It just seems like a slippery slope with adding more and more detail equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Steelman
09-02-2018, 09:06 PM
I use the Detail Guardz for three cars. I have not had a problem with them ... yet. I like sudsmobile's idea.

Thomkirby
09-02-2018, 10:17 PM
I used mine yesterday and yes, you need to know how to insert on the tire. They work very well, and I did consider the bucket trick mention already. When you do use them you get the stuck hose promptly. With them set in place I never had an issue. But agree that they could be a pain if do it many times a day. But if it saves one stuck hose or electric cord on the blower, it worth the few minutes. Sorry but my photos would not load correctly.

Later

Eldorado2k
09-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, I went ahead and ordered them. I need something to remedy this issue, and having to carry out and place 5 gallon buckets on each corner just ain’t gonna happen... The single 5 gallon bucket that I keep full of soapy water & mitts is bad enough. Lol.

Coopers ST
09-03-2018, 08:54 AM
I use them, but not for washing. I set them up when I have my polisher out so the electrical cord doesn't get caught under the tire and unplug the polisher from the extension cord. Really I should have bought them sooner, they are just expensive for what they are.

sudsmobile
09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
I use them, but not for washing. I set them up when I have my polisher out so the electrical cord doesn't get caught under the tire and unplug the polisher from the extension cord. Really I should have bought them sooner, they are just expensive for what they are.

http://porch.com/advice/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cord-tips-3-960x5001-768x489.jpg