PDA

View Full Version : Has any used Gtech Exo on glass. I need a windshield coating suggestions welcomed

Pages : [1] 2

Mgavin1985
09-01-2018, 08:36 PM
I have never done a coating on windshield I think it’s time. I have csl and Exo on my suv very happy with dirt shedding and water action. It make since to me to buy some more Exo and use it what’s a windshield going to use 5-10ml so I thought what am I gonna do with the rest...... that reason behind thinking of Exo at least the other 25ml can be used or sold during a detail.

what is everyone using for windshield coating I’m open to suggestions?

DaveT435
09-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Optimim Opti-glass. There is enough to do probably 20 windshields and it has a decent shelf life.

UncleDavy
09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
I have been using Aquapel on the wife's Buick and it has been lasting for about 6 months. There are no smears after using the wipers especially at night time.

The Guz
09-01-2018, 09:27 PM
It probably won’t last due to the wiper abrasion. I’d stick with an actual glass coating.

Mgavin1985
09-01-2018, 09:31 PM
So anybody want to split some opti?

The Guz
09-01-2018, 10:00 PM
If you don’t want to spend the money on opti-glass then Mckee’s and CarPro FlyByForte are good alternatives.

GTechniq has their glass coatings but I have not used them.

Calendyr
09-02-2018, 12:23 PM
How many windshields are you guys getting out of a bottle of McKee's glass coating? I am debating purchasing more Aquapel or trying McKee's. Right not it costs me 60$ for 10 Aquapel applicators. A bottle of McKee's would be about 92$ including shipping and conversion to CAN$. So in order to make sense, it has to be able to do at least 15 windshields.

Pats300zx
09-03-2018, 11:47 AM
If you don’t want to spend the money on opti-glass then Mckee’s and CarPro FlyByForte are good alternatives.

GTechniq has their glass coatings but I have not used them.

I have used the GT glass coatings and they can be finicky to work with.

Mgavin1985
09-03-2018, 12:21 PM
I ordered g1

Rsurfer
09-03-2018, 02:26 PM
I have used the GT glass coatings and they can be finicky to work with.

I ordered g1

Good luck, not the most friendly glass coating to apply.

Mgavin1985
09-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Bought something called notouch has special abrasive in it so I’m doing Ceri glass rotary, then no touch da then applying g1

Rsurfer
09-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Bought something called notouch has special abrasive in it so I’m doing Ceri glass rotary, then no touch da then applying g1

Sounds like over kill if your using a rotary with Ceriglass to prep. G1 is still not the easiest to remove without streaking.

kevincwelch
09-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Good luck, not the most friendly glass coating to apply.

I second that.

BUT, it lasted 2 years on my car with awesome results. Wipers started skipping, so that's when I went with 22PLE at that point. That lasted two years. Cancoat currently...but I have a bottle of McKee's just itching to be opened.

Mgavin1985
09-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Hey how did the can coat work I have some off that laying around? I love can coat!!!

Is g1 the coating u have to put on your wiper blades too or is that view?

Mgavin1985
09-03-2018, 08:36 PM
It was over kill did want to see buffer trails from rotary I polished the #### out of it until it got dark I will know on my way to work if it was worth it!!! The felt pad was jumping around On long throw the rotary was smooth I then went over with a lake county purple on both machines . I originally tried web order cerium oxide the orange stuff mixed with water that did more damage than good about 2 months ago I have been putting this off for a while so I had to clean up self induced swirls from the garbage I bought on eBay that reason for blitzkreg on my windshield What a f-ing mess. I didn’t move the other cars out of my driveway they got cover in the white fling off i taped mine up so words of wisdom here make sure your other cars are 10 feet away I’m just hoping to get back to the windshield I started with. Be happy with that.