PDA

View Full Version : tips for cleaning black streaking door jams white toyota camry

Toolhead
09-01-2018, 07:03 AM
paint is toyota factory super white..which ive read is hard white paint...

black streaking ..lots of it in door jams..

ive used onr before to clean but that did little to remove black stains...

any tips....im thinking im gonna have to hand polish the jams to remove the black stains?

Setec Astronomy
09-01-2018, 07:14 AM
any tips....im thinking im gonna have to hand polish the jams to remove the black stains?

Sounds like it. If it comes to that, I'd use an AIO to give some protection there when you're done. Have you tried some APC? ONR is a good product but it's not going to take stains off.

Toolhead
09-01-2018, 07:24 AM
nope..not yet...would u feel okay with using simple green degreaser on paint?..the purple stuff?

agrees..once i get this black crap off im looking to lsp the jams to help mitigate it in future.

its at the point where its looking 2 tone inside the jams lol

ducksfan
09-01-2018, 08:36 AM
nope..not yet...would u feel okay with using simple green degreaser on paint?..the purple stuff?

agrees..once i get this black crap off im looking to lsp the jams to help mitigate it in future.

its at the point where its looking 2 tone inside the jams lol

No, use an AIO like SA suggested. Simple Green is not a paint product. With so many good clear coat safe products out there, there’s no good reason to use a product that isn’t.

There’s a lot of people out there that have tried to fix things on their car with ‘something they had in their garage’. Only to end up with a major ### moment. Some things in life are easy to fix or not that expensive to replace. The finishes on automobiles aren’t those things.

Toolhead
09-01-2018, 08:55 AM
so basically itll probably be polishing required whether i use my wg line or aio..

i getit with making diy mistakes...im usually conservative with my appriach...when my brain is working lol

thanks for taking the time

Paul A.
09-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Drip lines from recessed areas is usually the result of dirt and grime along with the black rubbery pieces leaching black color. My approach is to thoroughly clean all recessed areas with a good APC and then, after polishing jambs, I coat the rubber pieces in effect sealing them from dripping black crud.

Door jambs especially trunk lids and hood pieces get this as well. My car is black and doesn't show them as much but my wife's car is white and its critical to do this.

I mean, shoot, it's called detailing, right?

Farmallluvr
09-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Drip lines from recessed areas is usually the result of dirt and grime along with the black rubbery pieces leaching black color. My approach is to thoroughly clean all recessed areas with a good APC and then, after polishing jambs, I coat the rubber pieces in effect sealing them from dripping black crud.

Door jambs especially trunk lids and hood pieces get this as well. My car is black and doesn't show them as much but my wife's car is white and its critical to do this.

I mean, shoot, it's called detailing, right?

exactly,,I sometimes even pull the rubber loose a little at a time and clean it out with a microfiber and a toothbrush.

I also don't think simple Green will hurt the clear as long as you get off fairly quick but stay away from the Purple pPower that stuff is pretty aggressive,,it probably won't damage the clear but it could leave acid spots on the the clear or the glass if you get any on it.

Toolhead
09-01-2018, 10:49 AM
okay..so onr..griots interior cleaner...then polish..then lsp....

damn white paint