PDA

View Full Version : How To Use A NanoSkin Clay Mitt?

lovenhim
08-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Hello everyone. I have used retail level clay bar kits before and they work well. However, I have a Nanoskin fine clay mitt coming. I have never used one before. My guess is that you wash and dry the car like normal. Now, do you simply treat it as a clay bar by using an instant detailer as a lube keeping the surface wet and use the mitt in a north/south or east/west motion? What about using car wash soap as a lube? I have heard that some people use a garden hose foam gun with car soap and soak the area in front of the mitt. If you use the clay mitt with instant detailer method, does the cleaned area just buff off to a shine ready for a cleaner wax, etc?

PaulMys
08-31-2018, 05:13 PM
You can use any of the methods you described. I like using soapy water (Car wash). I'll spray ONR (or similar) at clay lube ratio all over the section, then dunk my mitt into my soap solution and gently glide it across.

LEDetailing
08-31-2018, 05:55 PM
You can use any of the methods you described. I like using soapy water (Car wash). I'll spray ONR (or similar) at clay lube ratio all over the section, then dunk my mitt into my soap solution and gently glide it across.

^^^This^^^

camaro2ssblack
08-31-2018, 06:05 PM
Iron Decon
Rinse
Foam
Wash
Rinse
Foam
Clay Mitt
Rinse
Dry
Paint Correction
Panel Wipe
LSP

rlmccarty2000
08-31-2018, 07:40 PM
I prefer using a lube dedicated for claying. The dedicated ones are usually thicker and cut down on any associated marring or spotting. CarPro makes a good one.

PaulMys
08-31-2018, 08:05 PM
I prefer using a lube dedicated for claying. The dedicated ones are usually thicker and cut down on any associated marring or spotting. CarPro makes a good one.

There are many products out there that let you control the lubricious quality of the mixture, and for a fraction of the price of dedicated clay lubes. JME

Mantilgh
08-31-2018, 08:40 PM
I normally use a rinseless wash because that’s what I usually wash with, but I think I like using it with a wash soap a little more.

No need to dry it between the wash and the clay unless you are going to use a quick detailer as lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valtex7
08-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Anybody know how to care for a nanoskin clay towel after use? Cleaning and storage.
Thanks

wing commander
09-01-2018, 01:50 AM
I hang my towels with magnets on the side of a clean steel rack. I wash them by hand. Wring them out and hang.

TTQ B4U
09-01-2018, 06:30 AM
Hello everyone. I have used retail level clay bar kits before and they work well. However, I have a Nanoskin fine clay mitt coming. I have never used one before. My guess is that you wash and dry the car like normal. Now, do you simply treat it as a clay bar by using an instant detailer as a lube keeping the surface wet and use the mitt in a north/south or east/west motion? What about using car wash soap as a lube? I have heard that some people use a garden hose foam gun with car soap and soak the area in front of the mitt. If you use the clay mitt with instant detailer method, does the cleaned area just buff off to a shine ready for a cleaner wax, etc?

My process is to wash the vehicle to remove any dirt and ferrous particals that are on just laying on the surface with typical dust/dirt and always get picked up while driving. I then Iron-X / Chemically remove the Ferrous stuff that's embedded into the wheels and paint. Once fully rinsed, I grab my 1 gal pale with extra soapy water solution and use my nano mitt/sponge. I go panel by panel doing the hood, roof, decklid and windows, then rinse. I do the same 1/2 the car at a time from that point. With a mitt I can knock-it-out pretty darn quick.

From that point, dry the car and get it ready for the polisher.

Toolhead
09-01-2018, 08:15 AM
nskin usage / rinse after a panel or 2 works for me..rubbing done..final rinse and let dry.then store in ziploc bag

i use diluted...onr for clay lube

SNP209
09-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Make sure to break it in on glass before the mitt touches any painted surface