PDA

View Full Version : Best Metal Polishing Pads?

bryanviper
08-31-2018, 08:45 AM
Hello,

I have or should I say had some metal polishing pads from Griots Garage and while they seem to do good work they cant seem to take much heat and easily fall apart. Any suggestions on other good quality pads? I would be looking for 3" & 6" pads.

Thanks

Dr Oldz
09-01-2018, 06:56 PM
What are you working on? When I polish metal, I generally use wool pads on a rotary. Most metals usually require wool and rotary to power thru the oxidation. I believe Wolfgang makes a metal polishing system for aluminum. The pads are your basic wool styles. I like poor boys pro polish and pro polish 2 for metals personally. When I use a da to polish I usually use the white foam pads that come with the PC. I ha e collected a lot over the years and metal polishing is about they are good for. Hope this helps!

swanicyouth
09-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Dunno what yr polishing - but the Flitz metal ball & their metal polish are pretty legit. You need a plug in drill with high RPM.

bryanviper
09-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Was polishing a metal shield for under my car - ECS - 011768ecs01KT - ECS Tuning Aluminum Street Shield Skid Plate Kit (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-aluminum-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/)

Also have polished the full muffler on my car before.

Thanks

What are you working on? When I polish metal, I generally use wool pads on a rotary. Most metals usually require wool and rotary to power thru the oxidation. I believe Wolfgang makes a metal polishing system for aluminum. The pads are your basic wool styles. I like poor boys pro polish and pro polish 2 for metals personally. When I use a da to polish I usually use the white foam pads that come with the PC. I ha e collected a lot over the years and metal polishing is about they are good for. Hope this helps!