PDA

View Full Version : Electric pressure washer ?

lethalxls1
02-16-2008, 02:32 AM
I am considering buying an electric pressure washer for washing my car mainly and a few other around the house things. Can anyone reccomend a good one? I was thinking something like this:McCulloch 1600 PSI Electric Pressure Washer (FH160G) @ Pressure Washers Direct.com - Your Online Power Washer Superstore (http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=403)

My local Wal* Mart has this one for $99.00. Will that be powerful enough? Do I need to spend a little more for a decent one? I just wanted some input from anyone who has an electric pressure washer or has had experience with one. Thanks in advance.

distrbd
02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
If you are looking for a pressure washer ,make sure is the type that the gun can be screwed on to the hose(gun and hose can be separated),and alsothat goes for the spray nozzle, ( not the bayonet type),the reason for what I just said is when later on you decide to add an accessory to the gun like an extension ,a foam cannon etc.you will be able to.
A lot of people get excited when they see such low price on a pressure washer but as you know you get what you pay for.

mixxer
02-16-2008, 09:12 AM
My father in law has a KARCHER its awesome and it was cheap too.

ScottB
02-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I highly suggest being careful ....getting water forced into certain areas (like headlamps) could be quite upsetting. Low pressure is best !

lethalxls1
02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I just want something that will blast the dust off the car without having to hand wash after polishing. My regular hose just wont do it.

Showroom Shine
02-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I've seen the Karcher Pressure Washers on sale at various stores fairly cheap. Big Lots, Walmarts, K Marts,etc. I personally do not like electric power washers. Having been a welder, the though of water and electric don't mix for me. mpo

lethalxls1
02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
^ yeah I have thought about that too-electricity and water. I dunno ..........

hispeed
02-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I would avoid the Karchers. They last about a year plus 1 day... Just long
enough to go out of warranty.

id-type-s
02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
what pressure washer are you guys using?

Bonifax
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I personally use a Karcher with the variable pressure lance and it's a winner for me because you can use moderate pressure to wash your car and yet use the full pressure to wash other things like floor tiles, etc.

distrbd
02-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Lethalxls1,
Electric PWs have been around for years,they are very safe,if that's your only concern then don't worry,I still have my electric PW which is in perfect working condition after 10 years of light-moderate use but went ahead and got a gas powered one for (Briggs & Stratton)its versatility.