PDA

View Full Version : Mohs vs Pure

RottenII
08-30-2018, 07:40 AM
Anyone have any preferences or comments? I've used Mohs and it came out great. Very easy to apply. I was considering trying Pure as its just one coat and from what Ive read, may be a bit glossier looking. Any feedback appreciated.

dcjredline
08-30-2018, 09:56 AM
Unfamiliar with these, Are they sold here on AG? Not sure if you know that AG doesnt like discussion of products they dont sell in their forum.

Jeff at Gyeon
08-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Unfamiliar with these, Are they sold here on AG? Not sure if you know that AG doesnt like discussion of products they dont sell in their forum.

Yes the entire GYEON quartz line is sold on AutoGeek and Autopia.

Jeff at Gyeon
08-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Good Morning! Two very different products, both awesome. PURE is a different chemical makeup completely than MOHS so will have different install and performance characteristics. PURE is designed as a single layer, but can be layered up to three layers max. It will feel "thicker" than MOHS and require a bit more diligence in removal as it is an 80% concentration by volume SiO2 based coating. The gloss is awesome. More of that candied gloss than the "crispness" of MOHS.

The Guz
08-30-2018, 10:20 AM
If you are interested in Pure then give it a shot. You already tried Mohs. Would give you a good idea how they both perform. You also have the option of Syncro.

Jeff from Gyeon has an application write up on detailed image for Pure. Definitely check that out.

Also found this video on another forum from another Gyeon rep.

q2 pure application on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/269589576)

They are sold here so no need to worry about that.

RottenII
08-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Thanks Guys. Detailing a friend of mines Yellow Z06 and I was trying to decide between the two as he wants it coated and I've had good luck with the Gyeon line so far.

Kamakaz1961
08-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Gyeon is my only coating product that I use. Why change when you have had great success with the product. I am now using their tire dressing and I use their car soap and prep. Great products. Additionally, Gyeon is a Korean company and since I am a Happa (1/2 Korean and 1/2 American) you can see I might be a little biased!...LOL

RottenII
08-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Gyeon is my only coating product that I use. Why change when you have had great success with the product. I am now using their tire dressing and I use their car soap and prep. Great products. Additionally, Gyeon is a Korean company and since I am a Happa (1/2 Korean and 1/2 American) you can see I might be a little biased!...LOL

I was definitely going to stick with Gyeon, I just wasn't sure about the Pure Vs Mohs. I've used Mohs but not Pure as was a bit nervous to use it the first time on someone else's car. I was leaning towards the Pure due to comments that it was glossier and I thought that would go great on the yellow Z.