PDA

View Full Version : Best painting coatings for new SUV

Jomak
08-29-2018, 09:24 AM
I just bought a new VW Atlas. I wanted to use something like Opti Coat Pro, but wasn't sure if that was one of the best to use. Could you help give me the top paint coatings? AND How much would I need to do the whole car, it's pretty big. Color is Red.

The Guz
08-29-2018, 09:54 AM
Well opti Coat Pro is only available through an authorized installer.

If you are looking to do this yourself then Cquartz, Gyeon and GTechniq offer good coatings.

Jomak
08-29-2018, 07:53 PM

If you are looking to do this yourself then Cquartz, Gyeon and GTechniq offer good coatings.

I was looking to do it myself. I saw a kit on the site for Opti Coat Pro. What's easy to put on and maintain?

PaulMys
08-29-2018, 08:12 PM

Listen to this man about coatings.

rlmccarty2000
08-29-2018, 09:05 PM
If you are new to the coating game I would suggest McKees Paint Coating or PBL Paint Coating for ease of application.

The Guz
08-29-2018, 10:44 PM
I was looking to do it myself. I saw a kit on the site for Opti Coat Pro. What's easy to put on and maintain?

Unfortunately Opti Coat Pro is for the pros only. If you are looking to stay with Optimum then look at Gloss Coat. Not as durable as other coatings but it’s one of the easiest to apply.

GTechniq Crystal Serum Light is another easy to apply coating. Just not as hydrophobic as some of the others. Can be topped with Exo for that aggressive water behavior as an option. Exo can be a little tricky to work with.

Gyeon Syncro is the also easy to work with. A two part coating which includes Mohs and Skin. Both very to work with. Downside is multiple layers.

Gyeon CanCoat is another favorite and easy to work with. 6-9 months of protection.

These would be my top choices for ease of use with Gloss Coat leading the pack.

TTQ B4U
08-30-2018, 06:08 AM
Gyeon Syncro is the also easy to work with. A two part coating which includes Mohs and Skin. Both very to work with. Downside is multiple layers.

Gyeon CanCoat is another favorite and easy to work with. 6-9 months of protection.

These would be my top choices for ease of use with Gloss Coat leading the pack.

^^ 200% agree. Cquartz 3.0 is also very easy to use and good. IMO I would look at Syncro and do it. Both my vehicles wear GYEON's products. My wife's wears Syncro and mine is coated with PURE and a layer of SKIN from the Syncro Kit as I had plenty leftover.