PDA

View Full Version : Success!

Farmallluvr
08-28-2018, 10:07 PM
I made a post a day or 2 ago about using a rotary buffer to remove wet sand scratches because I haven't had much luck using an orbital and Calendyr gave me a procedure to try and I did as close as I could.

Today I wet sanded a blob of scratches on an Equinox with 2500 grit and then polished them out with the orbital.,all gone,completely and I was happy I tried it and will do more down the road,,although I plan on buying some megs 105 and 205 instead and maybe some micro fiber cutting pads.

I used a product called Insta Cut 2 and an orange cutting pad but I don't really know makes the compound as I see it sold under slightly different names here and there but it's all the samestuff,,they have one called buff n bling as well.,,none of these products are my favorite

seems all I had to do was step to a higher grit wet sand paper and now I can't wait to try it again on my next wet sand procedure,

SWETM
08-29-2018, 02:44 AM
I would maybe get an other compound than m105. It can be very dusty to work with sometimes. If you like Meguiars look at m100 and m101 which is more user friendly compound. Even look at d300 and the mf cutting pads. Some likes to use d300 on foam cutting pads too. Or maybe look into the fast cutting compound Carpro ClearCut which get you a shorter and effective buffing cycle. I like Sonax abrasives and not used their Cutmax compound yet. But think you can have great success with it.
3D has some interesting abrasives and the HD Cut+ is the first and more towards detailers. If you work in an environment where you paint the 3D AAT Rubbing compound is a bodyshop safe compound. And why not the brand new abrasives they have released 3D ACA 500 X-Tra Cut Compound. It's so many great options available with great abrasive technology and there are much more than noted.

3D AAT Rubbing Compound 8 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/3d-501-8.html)

3D ACA 500 X-Tra Cut Compound (https://www.autogeek.net/3d-aca-xtra-cut-compound.html)

TTQ B4U
08-29-2018, 05:33 AM
If you don't already have one, definitely get a paint thickness gauge too. Glad it worked out.