PDA

View Full Version : Ech2o Towels/Wash Media

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2018, 08:34 AM
So if you are using this as a rinseless or waterless (or I guess as a QD for that matter), you need to wash your towels right away after to keep them from getting crusted up with the SiO2? I don't feel like doing a load of laundry every time I wash a car...is there a workaround for this? Rinse them out under running water? APC rinse? Or is none of that really necessary?

The Guz
08-28-2018, 11:03 AM
Wash like normal. It does not have enough SiO2 for it to harden a towel or mitt. Just like Reload.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Thanks, Guz...Corey's recommendations seem to vary on his site, Essence says to clean pads right away, Essence Plus doesn't, Reload doesn't say anything, but Ech2o says to "wash all towels...when complete". I haven't used any of them yet, but I just ordered some Ech2o from AG with the sale yesterday.

Bobby B.
08-28-2018, 02:00 PM
You'll be fine with the CarPro ECH2O. Your Microfiber Towels will not be crusted up.

I always like to keep a small bucket of water and Microfiber Detergent with me when detailing. When I'm done working with a microfiber towel I just toss it in the bucket and let it soak while I continue my detailing work. Once I get home I wash them in the washing machine.

BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-microfiber-cleaner.html)

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks Bobby...but at the rate I'm washing cars...and the number of towels, sponges, mitts, etc. I have thanks to Autogeek, whatever I use with Ech2o is going to sit for maybe months before they get washed...that's what I'm worried about.

rlmccarty2000
08-28-2018, 04:50 PM
I haven’t noticed any problem on my towels when using ECH2O and they sit around quite awhile before getting washed. I don’t think ECH2O has very much SIO2. Most products with a high level of SIO2 will have a crust around the top and I haven’t noticed any of this around my bottles of ECH2O.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Thank you, sir. I'm not even sure why I bought the stuff, I certainly don't need any more wash...they had it in the "outlet store" since I guess they changed the container size and I couldn't resist...so now I have a lifetime supply.