PDA

View Full Version : Applying Skin Down the Road

kevincwelch
08-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Jeff or anyone:

Is it ill advised to apply a layer of Skin months after the original application of Synco? I have extra Skin, and I am just curious if I use something like Gyeon Prep if there would be issues applying Skin. Note: this would be an application of Skin months after the original application of Mohs/Skin (Snycro).

TTQ B4U
08-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Yes. You can apply it down the road if/when the hydrophobic fades. My wife's is still performing like day one after 5,500 miles and finishing up her 5th month of daily use.

kevincwelch
08-27-2018, 07:12 AM
Nice!

I'm really trying to reduce those "unnecessary toppers" and just let Syncro do its thing over the next year(s), but I was hoping I could use this left over Skin if needed.

Jeff at Gyeon
08-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Nice!

I'm really trying to reduce those "unnecessary toppers" and just let Syncro do its thing over the next year(s), but I was hoping I could use this left over Skin if needed.

Good morning! Yes you can use the remaining SKIN down the road as needed. Good wash with Bathe, Iron decon if you'd like, Prep, and then on with SKIN. I would start with a light amount of SKIN in terms of how much product per areas and work your way up to the sweet spot.

kevincwelch
08-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Thanks, Jeff. This is encouraging!

stylo
05-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Hi Jeff instead of starting a new thread, I have a similar question.

If I have recently applied MOHS and Cure to my car (like only last weekend), what is the process I need to do before I can apply cancoat? I don’t want to waste the cure, but at the same time I want the cancoat to stick to the MOHS.

I know I should have applied cancoat straight after MOHS but was out of time and the weather was not looking favourable.

Thanks.

Cheers

Jeff at Gyeon
05-06-2019, 09:38 AM
Hi Jeff instead of starting a new thread, I have a similar question.

If I have recently applied MOHS and Cure to my car (like only last weekend), what is the process I need to do before I can apply cancoat? I don’t want to waste the cure, but at the same time I want the cancoat to stick to the MOHS.

I know I should have applied cancoat straight after MOHS but was out of time and the weather was not looking favourable.

Thanks.

Cheers

Good Morning!

Yes straight to CanCoat would have been best but no worries. If you want to experience Cure for a month or two go ahead and do so. Then perform a few good washes with Foam, a heavy Prep wipe down, and go on with CanCoat.