PDA

View Full Version : Use Ozone Machine While Interior Is Still Wet/Damp? Create Acid reaction? How long in car?

RMarkJr
08-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Hello! So I Have an Ozone Machine. It is a Clevr Commercial Ozone Generator. It has two settings, one at 5000mgh and 10000mgh, with a timer.

First Question: I see everywhere, including on here. I run mine in a car for 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours. BUT they NEVER say what the unit is rated at. So knowing what mine is if I was going to go after a smell in a car that is from a spill or even smoke.. what do you think would be a safe time to run it for at 10,000mgh? safe as in not to cause the plastics to fade to white.

The second Question: A lot of you may not have heard of this, but hopefully someone knows about this. Obviously I would want to use the Ozone machine after I clean the carpets/seats. However it takes some time for them to get bone dry. So with that being said... I have read somewhere that the O3 will turn into a weak acid when it is in contact with moisture, like from damp seats or carpets. Does anyone here use the ozone machine in cars that are wet still? or do we wait till they are completely dry?

Keep in mind the output difference from yours to mine, for the time you use it for and if you use it when things are wet. Thank you!