PDA

View Full Version : Experience repairing Polished Aluminum scratches

ejaf
08-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Searched, and found great info on dealing with curb scratches, but nothing regarding filling prior to re-clearcoating.

Does an aluminum filler product exist for these scratches? I have several options
-Having them done professionally (leaving open the issue of it recurring and having to do it professionally again)
-Repainting all four wheels after the usual filler methods (which would make things easier in the long run anyway)
-Finding a filler which closely matches, avoiding the need to repaint all four wheels.

Any feedback appreciated...Eric

Mike Phillips
08-21-2018, 09:07 AM
After looking at how wide and deep the scratches are, if it were me I would probably look for a professional in your area that does this type of work and simply hire them to do the work for you.

Or replace the wheels with some other option.

:)

ejaf
08-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Yeah...I'm thinking that as well, but was trying to avoid, if at all possible. Bought the car certified used back in June, and didn't notice these until too late. This wheel is the worst; the others are just rashed near the tires.

I have no clue how the previous owner got these, did he run into a fire hydrant somehow? ;)