PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang products?

Indiglofish61
08-19-2018, 10:03 AM
I have a 2018 toyota Corolla, and the paint is in new condition, so on the wolfgang concours series, I am wondering what to get to detail the car, and should I get the wax, when they have the deep gloss sealant and polish?

UncleDavy
08-19-2018, 12:05 PM
I have tried quite a few of the Wolfgang products and although they are pricey, I am a big fan. The Deep Gloss Paint Sealant lasted 8 months before it needed a new application. The swirl remover is a good product but I was disappointed in the amount of dust it generated. I use the metal sealant on my wheels and cleanup is easy. My favorite product is the Wolfgang Uber Rinsless wash solution. You can mix it as a rinseless wash or a waterless wash and it also makes a great detail spray/drying agent.

glfnaz
08-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is great and super easy to use.

BudgetPlan1
08-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is great and super easy to use.How are sealants like WG (or Jescar, Manzerna, etc) at self cleaning compared to coatings?

I'm quite impressed at how well the Polish Angel Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx combo handles water but since it's on a silver car, it looks like it stays nice but really hard to tell in comparison to a darker color.

Outside of longevity, can a sealant match a coating for self cleaning, albeit with more frequent maintenance?

FUNX650
08-19-2018, 04:12 PM
...can a sealant match a coating
for self cleaning...

•For it being a Sealant:
-Finish Kare 1000P exhibits the spectacle
of self-cleaning attributes rather well, IMO.

•As to the thread starter’s subject matter:
-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is an
excellent product; I’ve never been disap-
pointed in its performance!

Bob

Carvin
08-21-2018, 12:22 PM
I love the Uber Rinseless. A bottle will last a long time when you mix it at waterless wash or detailer dilution. The stuff is very slick, slippery.

Desertnate
08-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Outside of longevity, can a sealant match a coating for self cleaning, albeit with more frequent maintenance?

I've not used the Wolfgang sealant, but sealants from Klasse, Collinite, Poorboys, and others I've tried arent' even in the same league as a good coating when it comes to self cleaning. The only two which might compare is the FK1000P mentioned by Bob and Sonax PNS. I've not tried either personally.

I'd even say not all coatings are the same quality when it comes to self cleaning. McKee's 37 Paint Coating v1 was an improvement over a sealant, but in my experience CQ "classic", CQUK and CanCoat all out performed it by a significant margin. The new version might be better.

mwoolfso
08-21-2018, 02:37 PM
My advice is to start small and cost effective with 1-2 OTC products... a paste wax and a liquid wax - which you can apply with a MF sponge. Once you have experience with them you will have more specific needs as well as things you do not want. From there you can move towards spray sealants, coatings or higher-end waxes. Right now, I think you will get inundated with opinion and since you have no idea what you are looking to achieve, you may remain confused.