PDA

View Full Version : System One Licorice Tire Dressing

dengood1
02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Has anyone tried this new tire dressing?

System One Licorice Tire Dressing, System One Tire Gel, System 1 tire dressing, System One licorish tire dressing, liquorish tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/system-one-licorice-tire-dressing.html)

ScottB
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
your turn .... order and review please !

dengood1
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh, it's in my cart, I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and could give some feedback. Is it similar to some of the other dressings offered?
I'm one to research before I spend $$ on an item I've seen little or nothing about;) Might as well buy it with the guarantee AG has, eh? :D

Old Pirate
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I try to get a sample at the Expo in Clearwater, but the answer was no dice....:cheers:

supercharged
02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Wonder if it has black licorice scent to it...

Meghan
02-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Wonder if it has black licorice scent to it...

YES it does!

ggk
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
YES it does!
that means im not buying it! cause black licorice makes me gag
even if it is awesome. sucks that a company would use such a repulsive smell on a product.

dengood1
02-15-2008, 06:19 AM
that means im not buying it! cause black licorice makes me gag
even if it is awesome. sucks that a company would use such a repulsive smell on a product.

Black Licorice scent is from Anise(some people call it Fennel), which is a vegetable used to flavor soups and other dishes. Most people find it smells nice. I personally think it smells good.

"Anise bears a strong family resemblance to the members of the carrot family, that includes dill, fennel, coriander, cumin and caraway. Many of these relatives have been described as having a licorice flavour, to some extent, but anise is the true taste of licorice— its oils are distilled into the flavouring for licorice candy (not from the herb licorice, which has a different taste). "

supercharged
02-15-2008, 07:44 AM
YES it does!
Thanks, Meghan. I'll get one then! :righton:

Totoland Mach
02-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I've got some and tried it. Nice shine that's not too glossy on this BMW X5 trim.

One area I did try it and LOVED it was for BMW black interiors with embossed plastic and vinyl trim (door kick panels, seat backs, etc). I was having a problem after cleaning these areas because the plastic did not look consistent after cleaning. So, I applied Licorice and buffed off with a microfiber and it looks great! OEM shine and not greasy. I'm sure there are other product that do the same, but I wanted to try this out.

Funny: I haven't put it on tires yet because the shop has a BIG supply of AutoMagic Dressing.

Here's a pic of the rear bumper plastic trim

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/05%20X5%20Sterling%20Gray/05X5OutsideRear_Licorice.jpg

Toto