PDA

View Full Version : Leatherigue

Craig
02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I just got off the phone with Leatherique. I call about how their product left no sheen on my seats and asked what could be done. I'm not after the baby oil look. Just a little shine. She told me if the leather looks dull, thats the way it looked new. To my surprise, the soft spoken lady on the other end told me to "use any carnauba wax, the same you use on the paint". She went on to state how carnuaba wax comes from a plant bla, bla, bla, (us geeks know this) I haven't tried this yet, if I do, I will post the results. I would think carnauba wax would make your seats slick as snott. Maybe I should get a couple kids and ride around without the heat on for a while. :D Anyone out there use something with good results, that gives leather a little sheen? (No kids) I do have Wolfgang leather conditioner, that didn't give the sheen I'm looking for.

Jimmie
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I always thought that Lexol Conditioner left a little more sheen than others I use.

Bunky
02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I just got some 4* Leather Conditioner and it does not seem to leave much of a sheen -- just new and clean. My leather (coated) is light beige. It has a very nice smell (lasts several days) and does not seem to be greasy at all but I put it on very carefully since I have perforated seats.

Craig
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I have some Lexol conditioner, maybe I'll try it.

supercharged
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
you can always top it off with Poorboy's Natural Look, 303 protectant, or Optimum Protectant Plus.

Craig
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I didn't even think of 303. Had no idea it could be used on leather. I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to read the instructions on the bottle I have. Then again, I would have to get up off my lazy azz and see what I have, read the instructions. Sounds like work to me.:D

wytstang
02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Sounds like work to me
Don't you just hate that, I know I do....

ScottB
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Poorboys Leather Cleaner leaves more sheen, but its slippery-ier too ...