PDA

View Full Version : does pinnicle black onyx dressing contain silicone?

trhland
02-13-2008, 08:46 AM
by far this is my favorite dressing. i have heard that water based dressing are the best for tires but there useally milky white. and silicone dressings are clear. pinnicles is clear does it contain silicone. just wondering. thanks

makdaddy626
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Not sure if it contains silicone but given that it's a clear gel, my guess would be yes. I've seen various opinions about whether silicone is "bad" for tires ranging from a definitive yes, to some types, to no. Have you tried Surf City Beyond Black Tire Pro?

trhland
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Not sure if it contains silicone but given that it's a clear gel, my guess would be yes. I've seen various opinions about whether silicone is "bad" for tires ranging from a definitive yes, to some types, to no. Have you tried Surf City Beyond Black Tire Pro?i have not tryed surf city. i sheld out 70 bucks for pinnicle gel some im good for now ive been useing that sparingly:D

Smokin
02-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Surf city works pretty good. Dont know about the silicone though sorry.

supercharged
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
wheather is has silicones, or not, it is water based, and by far one of the safest tire gel you can. As a matter of fact it actually conditions tires, what I cannot say about many others.

trhland
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
i love it!! and not just cause it smells like fruity pebbles:D

supercharged
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM
i love it!! and not just cause it smells like fruity pebbles:D
and so do I. I prefer it, and DP over Wolfgang, and yes, because of it's lovely scent...Wolfgang (older formula, haven't tried the new one yet) smells like Megs quik interior QD, which is not bad though...

Reddwarf
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm a big fan of the Pinnacle Black Onyx too. It seems to have the same initial look of its less expensive cousin DP Gloss Tire Gel, but it lasts much longer. While the Pinnacle product is pricey I find that a little goes a long way and it lasts longer than any other tire dressing I've used.

dengood1
02-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Absolutely love the stuff! Wish it were cheaper though:(

supercharged
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Absolutely love the stuff! Wish it were cheaper though:(
Buy in gallon while on sale...that should last you a while...:cheers:

trhland
02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
this does contain silicone. meghan looked into it for me thanks meghan!!!