PDA

View Full Version : Interior Application 303 Fabric Guard

msquared100
08-06-2018, 11:09 AM
I tried finding this topic in the forums but didn't have any luck. I'm wanting to apply 303 Fabric Guard to the interior upholstery (seats, carpets, door panels, etc.) because of its protection qualities. That said, I can't find a lot of reviews for people using it for this purpose. Most people use it for convertible tops. I have leather seats with fabric side panels next to the center console and I'm sure that fabric is going to get filthy. About the only way I can see applying it to that area is to spray it on a microfiber then rubbing it on the fabric.

two Questions:

1) If is use it I'd like to minimize overspray so I was wondering if it can be applied to a micro-fiber then wiped onto the fabric?

2) Maybe I'm trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this product. Should I consider a different product?

thanks.

DBAILEY
08-06-2018, 11:23 AM
I used it on my own car's carpet when I got it in 2014. I decanted a few ounces into a small mist spray bottle so I could be more careful where it was spraying. I sprayed a section of carpet then worked in with my fingers that had a rubber glove and then a MF glove on top of that.

damonb10
08-06-2018, 12:41 PM
I used it on the carpets in our two vehicles. I just tried to be careful and to be honest the overspray isn't that big of a deal. I don't recall seeing any after-effect issues on the bordering plastic. I made sure to keep it away from leather and other materials.

Coleroad
08-06-2018, 02:46 PM
I lay out a old towel on what I don't want it to spray on. I've been using it on the interior carpet, floor mats, seats for years now.