PDA

View Full Version : Just how good is a typical wash?

Sn95nik
07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Is your typical two bucket wash going to remove fresh (less than two-day old) tree sap? I noticed my car had a rough feeling to the paint yesterday, probably from having to park under a tree at work after lunch. I really don't want to have to clay the car again (just did it last month). Will a good wash using two buckets and a foam gun be enough to remove it? I also have some Bug Squash on hand, I may mix some of that up in the foam gun and use it as a presoak. What do you guys think? :confused:

Surfer
07-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Maybe but I doubt it, most sap can be hard to remove. I had a b!tch of a time with some on the roof of my suv about 2 days after I parked under some tree. Bug Squash should really help though.

ScottB
07-11-2006, 06:02 PM
:iagree:

Bug Squash is great for tar, bugs, and even sap. I hate to admit that surfer offered some really sound advice. :p

Mike T
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
It's not like you would have to reclay the whole car. Just the effected area then maybe follow up with a hand application of some polish for shine. Then apply some wax.

Surfer
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
:iagree:

Bug Squash is great for tar, bugs, and even sap. I hate to admit that surfer offered some really sound advice. :pouch, Mr. Hairy Chest and Gold Chain. All bow at the almighty Surfers advice:D

Yeh, the sap on the roof of my suv was a major beotch. Especially with the grooves and roof rack, god that sucked. Next tree that leaves sap on my truck will have a jihad declared on it:D

Sn95nik
07-11-2006, 06:50 PM
well, I did the BS pre-soak and then washed with NXT. No more sap!!:applause: Not sure if it was the BS or the actual wash that took it off (my moneys on the BS though), but it's definately not there anymore.

Also, I know I wouldn't have to clay the whole car, but it was all over the horizontals, and the glass was the worst. I could barely see through it :mad: . Thanks for your suggestions guys,

Nick