PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailer/Sealant Combo

swexlin
08-04-2018, 06:04 PM
I attended the Carlisle Truck Nationals this weekend, and as always, there are a lot a small "boutique" detail products for sale. I know we can't discuss what isn't sold here, but I wanted to know if Autogeek sells something similar.

The product I was looking at was a combination detail spray with sealant (not wax),h tat they (of course) claim is the first of it's kind. It's pink, and looks like many other detail sprays out there. I didn't buy it (I have enough already), but does anyone think this is legit? PM me if you want the name of the company.

Thanks.

PaulMys
08-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Reminds me of the time a few years go when there were the same kind of "snake oil" salesmen at my local gas station. Can't remember the product name, but it was as you describe.

As I waited for the car in front of me to move, I watched these two ding-a-lings walk up to the other vehicles and spray this crap on the cars. Oh, and wipe it off with same dirty rag they'd been using all day.

As I pulled up to the pump, ding-a-ling #1 comes charging up to my truck. I stuck my head out the window, and said "If that crap, or that filthy rag touches this truck, you'll be sorry."

He retreated.

Bottom line is, stick with products recommended by people you trust. AG/AGO is the best place to find these particular kinds of souls...........:props:

FUNX650
08-04-2018, 07:20 PM
The combination of QD/Sealant is not
really a new breakthrough in the world
of detailing (chemically speaking, or
otherwise); and, AGO already carries/sells
these combos that are produced by many
well known car-care products’ Manufacturers.

•One example that immediately comes to mind:
-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant.

”...and there is no new thing
under the sun.” ~Ecclesiastes 1:9

Bob

acuRAS82
08-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Similar to Bob’s example, Blackfire Synthetic Spray and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer fit that bill.

PaulMys
08-04-2018, 07:59 PM
I'll all but guarantee the vendor the OP was referring to was neither Wolfgang or Blackfire.

But yes, great recommendations.............:props:

swexlin
08-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Thanks guys, this was the feedback I was looking for.