PDA

View Full Version : Trim Protectant That Doesn't Stain

expdetailing
08-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Hello All,
Dressings and sealants can cause product run-off, or staining. Particularly, this can be seen on glass after a rainstorm, or after a wash. The trim above the glass gets dressed, or sealed and then the product wet again, and then runs off.
I've considered D-Lux, but am wondering what other choices are out there.

I would appreciate any suggestion that you have had experiences with.

Maxreed241
08-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Hello All,
Dressings and sealants can cause product run-off, or staining. Particularly, this can be seen on glass after a rainstorm, or after a wash. The trim above the glass gets dressed, or sealed and then the product wet again, and then runs off.
I've considered D-Lux, but am wondering what other choices are out there.

I would appreciate any suggestion that you have had experiences with.

D-Lux is pretty darn good. Doesn’t darken a whole lot but man does it last and bead really good. I’ve used Chemical Guys VRP quite a bit on trim, it doesn’t last long but I haven’t noticed any streaking after a rainstorm. Two weeks at the most and that’s pushing it. But it does look pretty nice. I just started using Hyper Dressing it looks good. I can’t comment on longevity or durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DBAILEY
08-02-2018, 02:14 PM
So trim protectants like UTTG, WETS, M37 Trim Restorer have all run on you in the past? Did you wipe off the excess and give it a little buff afterwards?

Mantilgh
08-02-2018, 02:28 PM
So trim protectants like UTTG, WETS, M37 Trim Restorer have all run on you in the past? Did you wipe off the excess and give it a little buff afterwards?

I have never had the problem with the three listed above.

Of the three I like McKees the best. UTTG can be a just a little finicky I believe.

They won’t run and the trim will look just as good after a rain.

swexlin
08-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Any trim dressing I've tried (quite a few) have some "run" after sitting in a humid overnight, or after rain. I just did my trim this afternoon, with Mother's Protectant. An oldie but goodie, it lasts a while and doesn't run as bad as some.

swanicyouth
08-02-2018, 04:25 PM
All these "dressings" are somewhat water based; which means the actives in them must be somewhat soluble in water. So when it rains....

I find the least water soluble feeling stuff hangs on the best. WETS is expensive but very legit. I wouldn't be using it on tires - but works well on everything else.

Rsurfer
08-02-2018, 05:24 PM
All these "dressings" are somewhat water based; which means the actives in them must be somewhat soluble in water. So when it rains....

I find the least water soluble feeling stuff hangs on the best. WETS is expensive but very legit. I wouldn't be using it on tires - but works well on everything else.

Been on a long vacation?

PaulMys
08-02-2018, 05:34 PM
I've used both WETS and McKee's TR. Neither have run on me in the least.

swanicyouth
08-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Been on a long vacation?

No. In jail.

rlmccarty2000
08-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Solution Finish is a trim restorer that will not run. My current favorite.

ducksfan
08-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Been on a long vacation?

Hmm... Seemed like an innocent enough question at the time.

I worked with a guy who told me he was talking to a friend of his and asked if he had been to see his mom lately. The guy replied that yeah the funeral 3 days ago was an open casket.

Belo
08-03-2018, 07:55 AM
No. In jail.

:wow:

expdetailing
08-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Well, the product(s) were applied, then smoothed-out with a mf towels afterwards.