PDA

View Full Version : weird claybar color

Farmallluvr
07-31-2018, 07:13 PM
I have finally starting working on my Accord after buying it last Dec.
it now has about 120,000 miles and the previous owners were super rough on it,,and it's black.
I clay bared the roof trunk and hood on Friday and my gray clay turned blue ,,identical to an ink pen blue but I didn't think to snap a photo of it.
I have clay bared hundreds of cars (if not a couple thousand) over the years and this the first I 've seen this,,,a.

Does anyone have an idea or maybe seen this before?

Paul A.
07-31-2018, 07:50 PM
Maybe a single stage paint or a color infused clearcoat. If I remember correctly, I had a black Honda some years ago that indeed had a blue hue to it.

It's still ok to clay it.

Dr Oldz
07-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Overspray

Farmallluvr
07-31-2018, 08:18 PM
I thought overspay as well ,the rear bumper was painted at one time,,maybe it was done in our bodyshop,,they seem to not like to use tape and paper much :D
I was kinda wondering if maybe someone tried that black wax that fills in the scratches and stuff on it,the car has never really had a shine to it and it's going to be a challenge but also a good time to try out some new products and processes on it and see what happens.
My car is always a guinea pig

Dr Oldz
07-31-2018, 08:23 PM
I thought overspay as well ,the rear bumper was painted at one time,,maybe it was done in our bodyshop,,they seem to not like to use tape and paper much :D

Overspray doesn’t have to be bodyshop related. Could have been parked by someone spraying a fence, some lawn furniture or similar.

Farmallluvr
07-31-2018, 08:55 PM
True,,we got in a white GMC Envoy one time,,the owner worked at a manufacturing plant of some sort.
She parked near a venilation discharge vent and the hood,roof,and left side were turning a shade of cheeto orange