PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Si02 over CQuartz?

spewking
07-29-2018, 06:36 AM
Enjoying cquartz on my MDX and have been applying Reload every 2 months or so. Going on a year now and results remain very good.

Do you think the Blackfire Si02 spray is designed to do the same thing as the Reload, eg, refresh and extend life of the coating? Do you think it’s ok to use the Blackfire over the Cquartz? From what I’m reading it appears the Si02 may have more silica and or titanium than the Blackfire Booster, and if the booster is similar to reload, than should the Si02 provide more protection and life to the coating?

I bought some Si02 and will be trying it once it arrives.

Thanks for your help.

glen e
07-29-2018, 08:59 AM
Perfectly fine to put the spray on cquartz. I've done it on a couple cars. Works fine. Same gloss as reload, yet a little easier to spread.

acuRAS82
07-29-2018, 09:22 AM
I haven’t used the SiO2 Spray yet, but it is designed for what you are proposing (or standalone). From what I’m reading about, you will probably like it a lot.

glfnaz
07-29-2018, 10:42 AM
The BF SIO2 will be fine. It is silly easy to use. My bet is that you will find it much easier and faster to use than Reload. To test the ease of application, go around the car and just do your glass. No streaks, it just disappears into the glass.