PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning microfiber drying towels

cheekyage
07-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Hi all

I’ve recently purchased some Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy towels where after a couple of maintenance washes it has picked up some light dirt from some spots under the doors.

What would be the best and easiest way to clean or wash these drying towels?

Thanks

showbbq
07-27-2018, 09:11 AM
You could try spot cleaning and soaking with a microfiber cleaning detergent before throwing it in the wash again.

Robert Feldman
07-27-2018, 12:05 PM
I regularly pre soak the dirty spots on my drying towels with SHOUT! Let the towels absorb the pre soak for at least an hour before washing. Works like a charm for me!

SWETM
07-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Get some 3D Towel Kleen it's a mf detergent. And wash the drying towels after each use to be certain to it has not picked any dirt up. That would scratch your paint more than necessary. And don't use any fabric softerner of any kind. You could use once in a while a little white vinegar in the rinse cycle. Read the description of the drying towel if they recommend to dry it in the dryer on low heat. And what setting on the washer they recommend. If you have trouble with getting a stain off the drying towel. You could mix up a spray bottle with 1:10 dilution of 3D TK and spray it on and let it soak for 5-10min. Or you make a bucket with 3D TK solution and let it sit in there for a longer time. I don't like the chemicals to dry on what ever I use it for. As that's when the damage accurs. If you have it in a bucket lift it up once and a while and wring it out over the bucket and put it in there again.

3D Towel Kleen (https://www.autogeek.net/3d-towel-kleen.html)

/Tony

Coopers ST
07-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Get some 3D Towel Kleen it's a mf detergent. And wash the drying towels after each use to be certain to it has not picked any dirt up. That would scratch your paint more than necessary. And don't use any fabric softerner of any kind. You could use once in a while a little white vinegar in the rinse cycle. Read the description of the drying towel if they recommend to dry it in the dryer on low heat. And what setting on the washer they recommend. If you have trouble with getting a stain off the drying towel. You could mix up a spray bottle with 1:10 dilution of 3D TK and spray it on and let it soak for 5-10min. Or you make a bucket with 3D TK solution and let it sit in there for a longer time. I don't like the chemicals to dry on what ever I use it for. As that's when the damage accurs. If you have it in a bucket lift it up once and a while and wring it out over the bucket and put it in there again.

3D Towel Kleen (https://www.autogeek.net/3d-towel-kleen.html)

/Tony

I used to think microfiber detergent was a gimmick, just something else to nickel another $20 out of us once a year. I was having an issue with towels not being as absorbent as they once were and thought what the heck it would be cheaper than a bunch of new towels and it still wouldn't be wasted just maybe not as good as all free and clear.
Well 3D towel clean works. The towels come out fluffier than before, feel different, are softer, look cleaner, and dries like new again. Not sure if other brands work as well or better, but this stuff works and isn't a gimmick.

derass
07-27-2018, 10:41 PM
I wash my all my MF products towels the same way.

I put them in the washing machine on warm, add some 3D Towel Kleen, then put them in the dryer on low.

This process seems to work well for me.

cheekyage
07-28-2018, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys.

Do I use cold or hot water if I wash in the washing machine?

Same with spot cleaning too.

wgasa84
07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
I wash my all my MF products towels the same way.

I put them in the washing machine on warm, add some 3D Towel Kleen, then put them in the dryer on low.

This process seems to work well for me.I do this as well, zero issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

UncleDavy
07-28-2018, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys.

Do I use cold or hot water if I wash in the washing machine?

Same with spot cleaning too.

I would use warm or cold water for washing. Hot water just like high heat in the dryer can melt or damage the microfibers.

wgasa84
07-28-2018, 11:03 AM
I would use warm or cold water for washing. Hot water just like high heat in the dryer can melt or damage the microfibers.To add to this. I've made the mistake a few times leaving the water or dryer on high. The only towels I noticed a differnece on were my plush edgeless towels. I was able to get the roughness to go away by washing them again and adding vinegar to the bleach dispenser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
07-28-2018, 01:20 PM
I would use warm or cold water for washing. Hot water just like high heat in the dryer can melt or damage the microfibers.

To add to this. I've made the mistake a few times leaving the water or dryer on high. The only towels I noticed a differnece on were my plush edgeless towels. I was able to get the roughness to go away by washing them again and adding vinegar to the bleach dispenser.

So if washing or drying on high "melts" them, how can washing them again "fix" them?

PaulMys
07-28-2018, 06:02 PM
I never worry about hot water washing. My WH is set at 130, and I'm sure that drops by a few degrees by the time it actually spills into the wash tub.

So, lets say it is 125. Hardly enough to damage a MF towel IMO.

Conversely, my dryer can pretty damn hot. But, I'm not a fan of drying anything (including my cloths) on max heat in the dryer.