PDA

View Full Version : McKees Question

Fitterman
07-25-2018, 09:00 PM
Should I use the McKees Interior Protectant along with the Fast Detailer on my new truck? They both seem to have some UV Protection, actually when reading about them they both seem to do the same thing. Just a little confused here. Thanks!

VISITOR
07-25-2018, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94RW96djJMA

Fitterman
07-25-2018, 09:34 PM
Thanks Visitor, sounds like I need to order all 3, cleaner, protectant and detailer.

acuRAS82
07-25-2018, 09:35 PM
Fast Interior Detailer is for cleaning and protecting in one. Interior Protectant is protection only, and possibly lays down a more substantial layer of protection, but does not have cleaning abilities (although the simple act of spreading it will obviously remove light dirt and dust).

ducksfan
07-25-2018, 11:37 PM
Depends on how often you use the fast detailer. If you regularly use it every week or two (or four), the other products aren't needed.

Desertnate
07-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Fast Interior Detailer is for cleaning and protecting in one. Interior Protectant is protection only, and possibly lays down a more substantial layer of protection, but does not have cleaning abilities (although the simple act of spreading it will obviously remove light dirt and dust).

The Interior Protectant does have cleaning abilities. Here is the description straight from the product info and matches what Nick described when the product was brought to market a few years ago.

In addition to UV blockers, McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant contains a mild cleaner to remove surface dust and dirt. In most cases, this may be the only product you need to clean and preserve your interior.

I'll only use the Interior Protectant and haven't felt a need for anything else. If I have a really grimy area in my interior, I hit it with a mild APC mixture and then follow up with Interior Protectant.

acuRAS82
07-26-2018, 07:38 AM
The Interior Protectant does have cleaning abilities. Here is the description straight from the product info and matches what Nick described when the product was brought to market a few years ago.

All only use the Interior Protectant and haven't felt a need for anything else. If I have a really grimy area in my interior, I hit it with a mild APC mixture and then follow up with Interior Protectant.

I apologize to the OP for that mistake. It would seem that for anyone who keeps with their interior cleaning/protection on a regular basis, either product should probably work fine.

Belo
07-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Thanks Visitor, sounds like I need to order all 3, cleaner, protectant and detailer.

there's a kit on ag that comes with the cleaner and protectant plus some applicators. I found that the protectant does not apply well with a mf towel, so those pads are a good add and a discount with the combo. Then add the fast detailer for quick touch ups and also for lcd screens and gauges.

I'll add that the fast interior flashes quickly and is designed to be safe on all surfaces, so if it provides protection, it's not noticeable and probably not even close to what you get with the protectant. Anything that can be safe on my touchscreen is not apt to lay down any kind of barrier in my opinion. The protectant gives you that armorall kind of look without the grease. I used all 3 this past weekend, so this is just my thoughts.

Fitterman
07-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. I went with the combo kit that Belo mentioned. Looking forward to giving McKees a try! Thanks again.