PDA

View Full Version : BF One Step cure time?

Dr Oldz
07-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Are you guys and girls wiping this right off or are you letting it cure a bit for the sealant to take hold?

The directions do not specifically say. I think I remember someone saying it needs to cure but I couldn’t find the post.

PaulMys
07-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Never used the BF, but I have read numerous comparisons to Speed.

If it's as close as they say, I'd let it "cure" as you mentioned, to let whatever LSP they use adhere better

I've never had a problem applying Speed to the entire truck, then removing it afterward.

acuRAS82
07-25-2018, 08:46 PM
I believe the sealant in One Step is the same as Blackfire Paint Sealant, which only directs the user to wait until a haze forms to wipe off. I've also read that as far as actual cure times after buffing off, the wet diamond polymers are one of the faster cross-linking types, and under low humidity and decent temperature, 90-something percent can typically cure within an hour or two. This being the amount of time before one should layer or get it wet.

This makes me think that whether you wait to buff off or buff off as soon as it dries, either way the polymers should be bonded enough for the purposes of wiping off. If it is a more humid, hot day, you can always take caution and wait longer.

lane5515
07-25-2018, 08:52 PM
I polish the whole car with it and wait about an hour after finishing to wipe it off. I don't know if it's right or wrong but it works well for me.

Stevedotmil
09-21-2018, 11:20 PM
When you do so what is the difficulty level in removing the product?