PDA

View Full Version : Removing APC from glass

Duckyscrubs
07-23-2018, 10:15 AM
I was cleaning out the engine bay of my car and while drying it with the leaf blower the residue which had APC ended up on my windshield. It's showing a brown residue that I can't scrub off. How would you go about getting this off glass.

Setec Astronomy
07-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Is what you are talking about in the lower right corner of the picture? I'm not sure that has anything to do with the APC, but I think if you try an AIO or mild polish by hand it should take that right off.

Paul A.
07-23-2018, 11:32 AM
I'm with Setec in that I woudn't think that was APC induced. I get water spotting and road grime outside of my wiper sweep areas and hit my glass with a few polish passes when I'm doing the paint. Usually at the end of a pad's life on that section of paint I'm working.

I also hit my glass with Duragloss NuGlass about twice annually.

Bradposton
07-23-2018, 11:44 AM
I also hit my glass with Duragloss NuGlass about twice annually.

ME too, Love that stuff and its cheap. I use it with a polishing pad on bad spots and they come right out

Duckyscrubs
07-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys I'll try out the Duragloss NuGlass and see if that works. I also noticed that I have the same stain on my paint around the engine bay. It isn't as noticeable but will polishing remove that?