PDA

View Full Version : Spot Detailer to Maintain my DuraFlex Coat for Daily Driver

Ryelinek
07-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Hoping someone could help me out here. I am new into the world of serious auto detailing. I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and got it professionally detailed with PPF on the front and a Gyeon DuraFlex coat on the entire truck right away.

My question is about a spot detailer to remove stuff on my paint in a pinch. The truck is obviously my daily driver and lets say I come out to it and there is a big pile of bird droppings on the hood I want to remove. I don't want to over complicate this but can I just use a Meguiar's Quick Detailer Mist? Is that product safe for the DuraFlex coat or is there something else I should consider.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

BudgetPlan1
07-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Poorboys Bird Sh*t Remover for those kinda things, Poorboys Spray & Wipe for light maintenance/dusting.

The Guz
07-22-2018, 01:55 PM
Welcome to AGO. The quick detailer will be fine. A waterless wash will also work.

Another thread to look at

How to safely remove a dried bird dropping by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2018-new-car-detailing-how-to-article-by-mike-phillips/109964-how-safely-remove-dried-bird-dropping-mike-phillips.html)

Ryelinek
07-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Cool thanks guys. I wasn’t sure if there was something I should avoid due to the DuraFlex coat that would be too abrasive perhaps. I hope to gain a lot of info here. Especially since my days of auto washes are now at an end hah.