PDA

View Full Version : Benefits if any of IDA

RiverCityAutoSpa
07-20-2018, 11:04 PM
Detailers in my area are popping up with these ida certifications.
Dont bash me, it’s a question.
whats the purpose of joining?
ive never had a customer ask me about IDA, if I was certified or anything
don’t see how it helps you get customers, don’t really know what it does.
Share your thoughts please, again don’t bash me I’m just asking.

Dr Oldz
07-21-2018, 12:45 AM
I certainly don’t see it as a bad thing. It’s actually a good piece of advertising. I would say if your competition is using it as a prop then you should also. I feel detailing is 90% word of mouth. Just make sure your work is superior and In The long run it will work out.

Personally I wouldn’t mind having that piece of paper. Do I need it,....NO because I have a good reputation locally. But it would certainly be cool to have.

TTQ B4U
07-21-2018, 05:14 AM
I certainly don’t see it as a bad thing. It’s actually a good piece of advertising. I would say if your competition is using it as a prop then you should also. I feel detailing is 90% word of mouth. Just make sure your work is superior and In The long run it will work out.

Personally I wouldn’t mind having that piece of paper. Do I need it,....NO because I have a good reputation locally. But it would certainly be cool to have.

I feel exactly the same way. My business is 100% word of mouth and referral. I say that but I do market myself to the various local groups and forums but only through my website which I keep tons of referrals and a nice portfolio on and the customers and prospects usually know one another.

RiverCityAutoSpa
07-21-2018, 07:19 AM
That’s basically what I’m saying....it doesn’t bring me any customers, it doesn’t “certify” my work. Seems more for the stickers or patch. I’ll pass. My certification is my customer base.

Calendyr
07-21-2018, 08:33 AM
You get free webinars about once a month about various topics related to the detailing industry. Some companies give discounts to IDA members.

For me, the greatest benefit is that the IDA is trying to set a standard in terms of knowledge and skills. So by passing the exams and getting your certification you get the badge of approval from an international entity. If that brings you only 2 more clients for the year, it pays itself.

There are no obligations to join, but if a client is debating two detailers to hire and one of them is an IDA member and the other isn't, it's an advantage for the one with the certifcation.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-21-2018, 10:47 AM
This is a post I wrote on the subject. The entire thread is good, especially the posts from Mike.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-make-money-detailing-cars/118069-ida-certification-6.html#post1564593

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk