PDA

View Full Version : Let’s see your Simple/ cost effective (healthy??) detailing hacks

LEDetailing
07-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Came up with this simple detailing hack tonight, I’m sure others have done the same with tape or rubber bands.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180721/c68c622cb92b86f402b40e8626df4acb.jpg

Broccoli rubber band + Wheel Woolies Boars hair brush = ?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180721/d1ebad72dad7dec56d41fa8d9e18339d.jpg

Wrapped the rubber band around twice making sure to keep all bristles oriented downward. Great stout brush for more aggressive cleaning around seat creases/stitching. Could be used on the surface of emblems, but would be careful about using on the paint. This would work well on stubborn brake dust in wheel spokes too.

Plus the added benefit of some healthy broccoli to boot:)

Let’s see some simple detailing hacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanquish Auto
07-20-2018, 10:09 PM
64324I always used those little rubber bands they sell in the cosmetics section. They work pretty well.
I don’t know if I would call it a hack. But I use a engine bay cleaning gun for quite a bit of things. Engine bay, door jambs, wheel wells, carpet stains, etc

LEDetailing
07-20-2018, 10:27 PM
I’ve always wanted a siphoned air tool like that. I would have multiple gallons pre-mixed with all my favorite cleaners. Rinseless wash would be awesome through that in door jambs.

Vanquish Auto
07-20-2018, 10:39 PM
They are like $10 at HF or online. They are awesome. I recently switched to a Worx to do the same thing. I have a Meguiars metering system with all my chemicals hooked up to it and I just keep a empty jug around to use it for whatever I need it for. I’m liking the Worx better because you don’t have to mess with the compressor. Waterless wash, APC for wheel wells and door jambs works really well through it.

LEDetailing
07-20-2018, 11:52 PM
They are like $10 at HF or online. They are awesome. I recently switched to a Worx to do the same thing. I have a Meguiars metering system with all my chemicals hooked up to it and I just keep a empty jug around to use it for whatever I need it for. I’m liking the Worx better because you don’t have to mess with the compressor. Waterless wash, APC for wheel wells and door jambs works really well through it.

That sounds like a great idea using the hydro shot. Are you concerned with the chemicals wearing out the internals of the hydroshot?

TTQ B4U
07-21-2018, 05:12 AM
That sounds like a great idea using the hydro shot. Are you concerned with the chemicals wearing out the internals of the hydroshot?

Been using a Hydroshot for Rinseless washes for a year with zero issues. The only thing to be aware of is that the polymers in the Uber Wash (others too I'm sure) will build up on the screen going into the unit and need cleaned out. Just quick-disconnect the hose at the gun, squirt it out with some water (I grab some window cleaner) and let it drop out. connect back up and go. Key with Uber is to use only 1oz per 3 gals and keep it mixed up very well in the bucket. Usually only happens when I'm moving to my second car. You'll be able to tell as the pressure drops a bit.

Vanquish Auto
07-21-2018, 10:13 AM
^^^ What he said.

I think as long as you use the filter. It’ll be alright. But if you have a compressor. The engine bay gun is definitely worth picking up.

Coleroad
07-21-2018, 12:06 PM
64324I always used those little rubber bands they sell in the cosmetics section. They work pretty well.
I don’t know if I would call it a hack. But I use a engine bay cleaning gun for quite a bit of things. Engine bay, door jambs, wheel wells, carpet stains, etc

Does it spray kinda like the force of a pump sprayer, or with more force Kind of like a weaker tornador?

Vanquish Auto
07-21-2018, 12:28 PM
It’s more like a Tornador. It goes by whatever your PSI is set on. You can also regulate how much liquid you spray with the knob on it.