PDA

View Full Version : Products stored in high heat

reapercao
07-19-2018, 12:11 PM
I see the words "extreme temperatures" used quite frequently when talking about storage, but that seems a little subjective to your environment.

I store all of my polishes, waxes, sealants, and all of my detailing chemicals in my garage. Living in Florida the temperatures can exceed 95 easily during the summer day.
The average temperature currently in the garage is 89 degrees, and luckily we don't have to worry too much about the cold.

Will storing detailing chemicals in this heat cause any adverse effects on the products, and if not, what temperature is considered unsafe for storage?

DMW
07-19-2018, 01:06 PM
I would keep the good stuff inside. It's pretty normal to see 120* in my garage all summer long here in AZ, especially when you pull in a hot car. I keep any batteries and compound/polish/sealant in my laundry room to avoid any problems.

Chopper280
07-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Never had any problems from a hot garage but have from long periods of freezing weather.

reapercao
07-19-2018, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone, I just wanted to hear what everyone thinks. Some of this stuff is to expensive to go to waste.