PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

MrOneEyedBoh
07-19-2018, 07:07 AM
I was wondering if anyone has compared the two spray selant yet, side by side or at all. The sale going on now would make it priced very very nicely.

Audi Rick
07-19-2018, 07:24 AM
I've used both and BF is hands down a lot more user friendly. I tried Reload every way you can and would still end up with streaks. Have yet to be able to get BF to streak.
I used BF as a dying agent on my gloss black wheels to see if there would be any issues. No streaking and left the wheels slick and with a little extra shine.
I tried Reload as a drying agent and would always leave some streaking.
This weekend will be using BF as a drying agent on my wife's suv. It currently has BF on the paint for a little over a month and is still beading as well as the day I applied it. Still feels slick doing rinseless wash and road grime easily removed.

Desertnate
07-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Are they really comperable products? While they might work for the same purpose, I've always envisioned Reload to be more like the Blackfire Coating Booster.

MrOneEyedBoh
07-19-2018, 07:40 AM
I heard the new BF siO2 spray is stronger than Reload.

But sounds like it's a bit more diluted thus more user friendly

WRAPT C5Z06
07-19-2018, 08:53 AM
I've used both and BF is hands down a lot more user friendly. I tried Reload every way you can and would still end up with streaks. Have yet to be able to get BF to streak.
I used BF as a dying agent on my gloss black wheels to see if there would be any issues. No streaking and left the wheels slick and with a little extra shine.
I tried Reload as a drying agent and would always leave some streaking.
This weekend will be using BF as a drying agent on my wife's suv. It currently has BF on the paint for a little over a month and is still beading as well as the day I applied it. Still feels slick doing rinseless wash and road grime easily removed.
Wow, BF sounds great!

acuRAS82
07-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Are they really comperable products? While they might work for the same purpose, I've always envisioned Reload to be more like the Blackfire Coating Booster.

Interesting question/thought. I did think SiO2 Spray was a direct comparable but I’ve never used Reload. Coating Booster feels less concentrated than SiO2 Spray.

glfnaz
07-19-2018, 10:56 AM
The BF SIO2 Spray is the easiest SIO2 spray I've ever used. I've got Reload, Cure, and QuartzMax available, but I'll not use them again. Now I have no idea about durability, because I use the BF SiO2 spray after most every wash, but the application is Bubba-Proof. You can't streak it. Application is like Meguiar's D-156 spray wax. It just disappears into the paint. Next big sale, I'm ordering a gallon.

MrOneEyedBoh
07-19-2018, 12:50 PM
That's what I'm wondering.. is it apples to apples? Is one more concentrated than another?

Desertnate
07-19-2018, 02:41 PM
That's what I'm wondering.. is it apples to apples? Is one more concentrated than another?

I think the chemical make-up might be different based on the original purpose of the product. I always saw Reload to be in the same category as Cure and other coating maintenance products. Honestly, I don't fully understood their purpose, but see them more like a specialy formulated QD.

The Blackfire SiO2 spray however, is designed to be a highly durable spray-on LSP. I'd think the Blackfire would me more durable since it was designed from the beginning to work on it's own, but just happens to work nicely when applied over a coating.

acuRAS82
07-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Reload boasts 6 months when used standalone or use as a booster. This is the same claim as SiO2 Spray. PBL Booster and Blackfire Booster meant as toppers only.

Eldorado2k
07-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Reload boasts 6 months when used standalone or use as a booster.

That’s gotta be 1 of the most ridiculous claims ever made by any manufacturer of detailing products. You’d be lucky to see a month in the real world.

acuRAS82
07-19-2018, 08:24 PM
That’s gotta be 1 of the most ridiculous claims ever made by any manufacturer of detailing products. You’d be lucky to see a month in the real world.

I never used Reload, but was expecting the typical claim divided by 2 (3 months) for a daily driver (my durability calculation was carefully thought out).

I’m guessing from your response that Reload doesn’t even get that.

Eldorado2k
07-19-2018, 08:49 PM
I never used Reload, but was expecting the typical claim divided by 2 (3 months) for a daily driver (my durability calculation was carefully thought out).

I’m guessing from your response that Reload doesn’t even get that.

IMO there’s just no way it can last 3 months stand alone.. That doesn’t mean I don’t like it though, I just recently picked up another bottle of it. It’s pretty remarkable in the short term and adds a nice pop to the paint. It can actually hide light/moderate swirls on black paint when used straight, but if you come back to visit the car in 2 weeks you’ll see the swirls have re appeared.

Calendyr
07-20-2018, 02:42 AM
Reload boasts 6 months when used standalone or use as a booster. This is the same claim as SiO2 Spray. PBL Booster and Blackfire Booster meant as toppers only.

Ya... real world tests I have seen contradict that. Testers were having issues getting 1 month out of it.

I ordered Gtechniq's C2V3 and will receive it tomorrow along with Crystal Serum Light and EXO. That sealant is suposed to be 6 months too. I will have to try it to see if it is true.

acuRAS82
07-20-2018, 05:54 AM
Ya... real world tests I have seen contradict that. Testers were having issues getting 1 month out of it.

I ordered Gtechniq's C2V3 and will receive it tomorrow along with Crystal Serum Light and EXO. That sealant is suposed to be 6 months too. I will have to try it to see if it is true.

Let us know.