PDA

View Full Version : AIO That doesn’t stain trim

waterman
07-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Hello,

My friend has a Mini Cooper s. He is using Meguiars now(the red bottle) and it has stained some of his trim. I am going to take care of that for him. What can I recommend that won’t stain the trim?

Thanks

briarpatch
07-17-2018, 10:31 AM
HD Speed, Meguiars D166

FUNX650
07-17-2018, 11:04 AM
I’ve never had Poorboys World
Polish with Sealant stain trim.

Bob

Calendyr
07-17-2018, 11:14 AM
I think all quality products should be safe. I have used Meguiars D151 and D166 and never had an issue.

Belo
07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
I’ve never had Poorboys World
Polish with Sealant stain trim.

Bob

really? Holdy crap that stuff destroyed my wife's explorer. Like so bad I had to use the mothers heavy duty with brush to get it out. From that moment on I started taping haha.

I should probably mention that this trim isn't porous, but it's not a hard glossy trim like you see on a roof rack. matte and bumpy like.

Dr Oldz
07-17-2018, 02:56 PM
I personally try to stay away from trim with any AIO or any type of polish. There are so many trim types that react different to different polishes. It’s best to stay away or tape if you are in fear of getting some on the trim.

FUNX650
07-17-2018, 03:28 PM
really? Holdy crap that stuff destroyed
my wife's explorer. Like so bad I had to
use the mothers heavy duty with brush
to get it out. From that moment on I
started taping haha.

I should probably mention that this
trim isn't porous, but it's not a hard
glossy trim like you see on a roof rack.
matte and bumpy like.
Well... :doh:

Bob

PaulMys
07-17-2018, 05:21 PM
I personally try to stay away from trim with any AIO or any type of polish. There are so many trim types that react different to different polishes. It’s best to stay away or tape if you are in fear of getting some on the trim.

I do the exact same thing. Although the polishes/AIO's I have tried don't stain, (Including Speed, HD Polish+, Griot's Correcting Cream, GG Fast CC), I still stay away from my trim.

For me on my Ram, it's 99% the bed rail cap. So it's not a big deal to polish right up to it staying about 1/8" away.

I'd imagine that for most other makes/models it would be more much more of a challenge.