PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed Removal...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Audi Rick
07-15-2018, 03:14 PM
So I decided to get some HD Speed and give it a try per all the internet hype. Applying with a LC white pad to a door panel on a 2007 CRV. Everything went as I've read, long work time and little to no dusting. Finish the door panel and begin to remove it. This stuff was a pain in the but to get off. I had to keep going over it and apply way more pressure than I would like. Every time I thought I had removed it all I'd find another spot that would require more elbow grease than any product should need for removal. I can't imagine doing the whole car with this product. It did a nice job and removed some marring that I would never have thought possible with an AIO. Of course it was soft Honda paint.
Is everybody going over it with another product or detail spray to remove it all? I was working on the shaded side of the car so no direct sun hitting the panel.

SWETM
07-15-2018, 03:24 PM
About how many passes per sections did you do?
And how much product did you applyied on the pad?
What mf towels do you use to remove the Speed with?

Just some questions so that's easier to pin point why it's hard to remove.

Audi Rick
07-15-2018, 04:36 PM
I prime the pad like I would any polish to start with, then four dime sized there after. Wipe off with a Gold Plush Jr. Four passes in about a 2x2 section. I used this product the same as any AIO I would use.

sudsmobile
07-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Too much product. Don't prime the pad. The stuff literally takes itself off if you look at it crossways.

Bruno Soares
07-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Maybe because of the wax in the product give it some time to haze and then wipe away? Many like to do the entire car and then wipe it when using Speed.

Dr Oldz
07-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Was the panel clayed?

sudsmobile
07-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Maybe because of the wax in the product give it some time to haze and then wipe away? Many like to do the entire car and then wipe it when using Speed.

I tend to do half at a time and then wipe.

crovello
07-15-2018, 05:31 PM
I bought some HD speed and did a test spot on my sons motorcycle. He has black paint that was neglected from the previous owner. It had a white haze on the saddle bags. I hit a spot with the HD Speed, maybe five section passes. It looked like new paint and there was virtually nothing to wipe off when I was done. I am looking forward to hitting the entire bike.

Dave

Audi Rick
07-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Panel was clayed. It appears to much product when I primed the pad then.

I will try the hood tomorrow and use less product to start with. I use the car as a test bed for different products and durability.

sudsmobile
07-15-2018, 06:01 PM
The trick to HD Speed is you use way less product than you would believe will work. The first time I put it on, four dime size spots. Don't spread it first, just put the pad on the car, start it on medium speed, spread it quickly and then increase speed and work it until you're done. Then just keep following up with 3 dime size spots. You don't want to let HD Speed get wet and gummy. It should wipe off like you're wiping off dust.

custmsprty
07-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Was the panel clayed?

Just a note, I have used Speed for years now and have never clayed before using it.

Claying prior to using HD Speed should have no influence on the effect of removing Speed.

And for the OP, I apply Speed and let it cure and then remove it. This also lets the Poxy part of Speed last longer. It's one of the easiest products I have ever used to remove along with Poxy. Sounds to me like one other poster said, you used too much. I don't prime my pads with Speed or any HD polish.

sudsmobile
07-15-2018, 06:11 PM
^^^
What he said. Clayed, not clayed, doesn't matter in the least.

dlc95
07-15-2018, 06:24 PM
The few times I used it, it wiped off with ease.

Rambro
07-15-2018, 08:57 PM
I use speed Just about every day, great product like everyone said use sparingly,wipes right off very little dusting.

Audi Rick
07-16-2018, 07:50 AM
I decided to give HD Speed another try this morning before the sun came up over the trees. Humidity on the high side. Used a new LC white pad again and only put 4 dime size spots on the pad to start and worked a 2x2 area of the hood. Used 3 spots on the pad for every section there after.
Finished up the hood and let it sit for about 40 mins. Apparently once again I used to much product as it was even harder to remove than yesterdays wiping it right off after finishing the door panel. It was so bad I ended up having to remove it with some Zaino AIO I've been trying to use up. Luckily this removed it with ease.
I guess I'm never going to be a fan of this product. I've got plenty others that remove with ease. Just don't like the idea of using a polishing pad with so little product on it then.