07-11-2006, 01:49 PM
My Senario....

Clay......pinn Clay

Swirl Remover.....pinn A S.R...Orange Pad

Mothers Pre-wax Cleaner.......White Pad

Dp 555 Finishing Polish .......... White Pad

Megs #7 Glaze.............Grey Pad

Upp Sealer..................Blue Pad.......M.F. Towel

Soveran Paste............by Hand........M.F. Towel...Final Buff M.f Bonnet Over A Lambs Wool Bonnet.......

Please Fix If Needs Fixing..........;)

DS Detailer
07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
You shouldn't apply a sealant over the glaze. The Glaze can be skipped.

Meghan
07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Only thing I would change is putting WG under that Souveran! But heck thats just my opinion. :o

ScottB
07-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I get rid of the paint cleaner and the glaze, unnecessary steps in your equation.

BILL
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I get rid of the paint cleaner and the glaze, unnecessary steps in your equation.

hows this......

Clay......pinn Clay

Swirl Remover.....pinn A S.R...Orange Pad

Dp 555 Finishing Polish .......... White Pad

Upp Sealer..................Blue Pad.......M.F. Towel

Soveran Paste............by Hand........M.F. Towel...Final Buff M.f Bonnet Over A Lambs Wool Bonnet.......

Please Fix AGAIN If Needs Fixing..........;)

joe.p
07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I read this over and over,but WG sells a a glaze with there kit.is the glaze made to work with WG's line of products?

Sense we don't leave our paint go long enough without redoing it then i can't see durability being an issue unless its your last detail before the winter sets in..

ScottB
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
most sealants dont adhere and cure well against glazes, but remember in detailing some terms are used quite widely. The finishing glaze from WG is more of a final polish with some sealant friendly brighters, versus a Megs 7 pure glaze for instances.

joe.p
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I know we can top sealants with wax but can you top a sealant with a glaze?
I don't think i've seen this question ask before.

Killer ,i really like looks the of glazes WG being one them ,the other i used was mothers glaze & sealant i was told and needed something high in fillers at the time.

Excessive Detail
07-11-2006, 09:47 PM

Why do think that, I use pinn xmt glaze under ls and it made for a very wet and shinny finish, I'm not trying to question your technique, I was just wondering maybe you know something I don't.

ScottB
07-12-2006, 06:21 AM
If the sealant has cured, you certainly could go to a glaze and then onto a wax as desired. Becareful that the glaze (like Moose Glazes) have NO abrasive ability or your likely just removing your sealant. I dont see to many waxes these days that truly need a glaze to amp up their wetness, but thats a personal observation.

I do know several individuals that show their cars, and some like to use a sealant for durability and then add a pure glaze before the show. When they wash the car off that evening or next morning it removes all the glaze since no protection was added after. When I get them to commit to Souveran Paste, they usually admit that it does exactly what they are looking for and like that it offers some additional UV protection. So we replace the glaze with Souveran or even offer some to just add Crystal Mist over the sealant to get some carnauba glow.

BILL
07-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Why do think that, I use pinn xmt glaze under ls and it made for a very wet and shinny finish, I'm not trying to question your technique, I was just wondering maybe you know something I don't.

You use XMT glaze under which sealer?? which one??

Excessive Detail
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
You use XMT glaze under which sealer?? which one??
klasse and or pinn ls or wolgang

BILL
07-12-2006, 04:05 PM
klasse and or pinn ls or wolgang

According to what i read yesterday you can also apply glaze over cured sealer then wax .

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Ya knwo, Bill and I keep going back to the glaze/sealer yes/no thing. The more I think about it, I would assume the best way would be to get your sealer on and wait maybe two days, then laye ron the glaze?

BILL
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Ya knwo, Bill and I keep going back to the glaze/sealer yes/no thing. The more I think about it, I would assume the best way would be to get your sealer on and wait maybe two days, then laye ron the glaze?

exactly MY PLAN...............THEN TOP WITH SOVERAN..and maybe mothers reflections top coat to help with the durability.......:cheers: